What the fuck is the difference between asset management and equity research at the analyst level?
For example, atis Global Investment Research ( .... ?) and within AM there is the "fundamental equity team" that "conducts original, bottom-up research across a broad range of capitalizations and styles, spanning global developed and emerging markets. This team utilizes growth equity, value equity, global equity and real estate securities strategies.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+100 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Lol definitely want to hear what some of you have to say about this. I'm sure there are some good stories out there. +37 by Ivan Boesky in OFF
- So was browsing LinkedIn just for the fun of it and came across this golden job posting today. It's weird to see this explicitly stated as a skill now+28 by NoJobProspectsInSight in IB
- I am turning 30 this month and looking back now I realize how little of my goals I have achieved (professionally and personally)
I make around $150k a year, hardly enough to make a decent living in Manhattan. Not in IBD but in a similar role.
In a good really work week, I have barely...+27 by maddy.ap in JOB
- What bad habits (besides lack of sleep) have you all developed since you started at a bank? For example, I started biting my nails after a month on the job but had never bit them before and a friend began to mumble random finance terms in her sleep.+25 by morgan28 in IB
- I grew up in metro Detroit and every other white collar parent is a Big Ten (if that) grad who makes a cozy $330k, 550k, even well into 7 figures after working up corporate (finance/marketing/engineering/sales) ladder at an automaker, auto supplier, etc. Mark Fields, former CEO of Ford, was...+25 by DukeED23 in IB
- What car would you never consider getting? I know many people that won't get luxury cars because they are depreciating assets. Nothing wrong with that but I'm looking for opinions on cars you wouldn't get because they're cliches or just plain bad.+22 by ColdCaller in OFF
- Like many users, WSO has been a major resource for me. Not just in information but also hope during times when it wasn't so easy or I didn't think it was possible. I've really enjoyed reading success stories, and I thought I'd take my turn to share my success story and answer...+19 by Apples to Apples in SCSS
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Nov20Podcast: Getting to the buyside -- Vika (Anthemis) -- 11/2012:00 to 1:00 EST Online
- Nov21WSO Toronto Meet Up: Wed Nov 21st, 7:30pm, The Pint Public House7:30 EST Toronto, ON
- Nov27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 11/27-11/298:00 to 5:00 EST Online
- Dec03Webinar: IB Summer Recruiting 101 -- 9pm ET, 12/3/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online