1. Get married (It's scheduled, so that's a good start)
  2. Buy a place instead of renting (townhouse or condo)
  3. Get a higher position (either at my current company or elsewhere)
  4. Lose 50 pounds (230 to 180)
  5. Read a book a month (In 2019, I read 3. My fiancee read 55...)
Commercial Real Estate Developer

Thanks for responding CRE. Congratulations on the wedding! The book part is truly difficult because it requires grit month after month. I had decided to read 40 books in 2020; I finished 7. Although I did pick up at least 5-6 other books that were never finished.

I hope you accomplish each line item in 2020. Cheers!

CRE:
1. Get married (It's scheduled, so that's a good start) 2. Buy a place instead of renting (townhouse or condo) 3. Get a higher position (either at my current company or elsewhere) 4. Lose 50 pounds (230 to 180) 5. Read a book a month (In 2019, I read 3. My fiancee read 55...)

Man, someone just threw me a SB for this today and it's rough to read. Thanks to COVID-19:

1. No (postponed)
  2. No (too much uncertainty)
  3. No (likewise - everything got paused)
  4. No (quarantine meant tons of cooking and wine. I'll make some progress on this, but not 50)
  5. Yes, actually.

1/5 is pretty awful.

1) Get an internship in physical commodities house in EMEA (networked already with +/- 300 traders but nothing concrete) for my gap year
2) Enjoying little pleasures of life (sit on an french-italian turquoise beach/(re)read classical books (Racine, Corneille, Shakespeare), hiking, travelling around Europe) before slavery
3) Intensify workout (30min daily ==>1hr of cladding)

Lose some weight so I can finally make eye-contact with my penis again

Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Investment Banking Full-time Analyst Programme (London) at JPMorgan Chase. After a thorough review of your application, we regret to inform you that we are unable to move forward with your candidacy at this time.

Most Helpful

Among other things that are more important, I'm especially HYPED about this one:

In just TWO WEEKS I submit my TWO WEEK NOTICE to this job I loathe. I'm almost there and I get giddy thinking about it.

More importantly: I'm getting married and am especially HYPED for that. That's going to be a blast.

One of my closest friends (who I met on this site) had this brilliant idea. We shared notes via iPhones and put our goals in. We're going to hold each other accountable for them. 2020 shall be good.

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nassim Taleb

Congratulations on both events! How long did it take you to plan the wedding for x number of people? Can imagine that it is stressful with finance hours. Did you get a professional wedding organiser or is that unnecessary?

Array

Thank you!

We're actually doing a very basic courthouse wedding, so that is pretty easy to plan. After I switch careers and we save up more, then we will plan for a big reception. I'll let you know how challenging that is when I cross that bridge!

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nassim Taleb

Malta Monkey:
In just TWO WEEKS I submit my TWO WEEK NOTICE to this job I loathe. I'm almost there and I get giddy thinking about it.

More importantly: I'm getting married and am especially HYPED for that. That's going to be a blast.

Big moves, man. Congrats

They’re unrelated. I can get EU citizenship through one of my parents so it’s just something I want to get out of the way, and it could help in the future, but not really any time soon.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Deserunt laudantium mollitia voluptatem dicta. Error qui voluptate quas est autem amet. Doloribus et corrupti sunt molestiae ullam ea.

Laudantium dolorum temporibus in facilis. Voluptas veritatis dolorem illum soluta et.

Array

Ipsa nobis ut consequatur officiis et et. Repellat sint amet repellat odio sit atque. Sequi cumque vel qui sed.

Perspiciatis maxime inventore id numquam dignissimos reprehenderit. Accusantium nemo delectus nemo neque. Laboriosam quis aut eligendi mollitia tempore.

Ipsam sed eaque eius adipisci sint corrupti doloribus labore. Aut ut accusantium quasi maiores praesentium aperiam voluptate. Rem illo eveniet ea et laudantium.

Sint suscipit sunt possimus aut. Omnis ad repudiandae totam eveniet ipsa. Veritatis accusantium alias expedita. Quaerat vero sed voluptas libero accusamus dolorem assumenda. Enim facilis voluptatem dolor. Nesciunt earum delectus qui corrupti voluptatibus aliquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”