Where should i do my exchange semester in europe? I have a 4.5/6 average but do have a strong CV with IB M&A Experience at a BB

Hi guys, I am currently studying at HSG with an average of 4.5/6 and am looking to do at least 1 exchange semester abroad. What universities in Europe (except germany) do you recommend for someone who wants to go into IB? I know that in England UCL, Oxbridge, LSE and Imperial are target schools but what are my chances of getting into the exchange programs? As mentioned, while my grade point averages are nothing special I do have a strong CV with IB M&A experience at a BB firm, does that play into my application?

thanks in advance, cheers.

Hi alessandro.tronza, the silence is deafening, sorry about that.... Any of the threads below helpful?

• Official Investment Banking Rankings: Boutique and Bulge Bracket Prestige funds interviews, but not as much prestige and opportunities as above Top Bulge Bracket Rankings ... organizational men. More of a traditional investment bank in Europe than in the US, where it is essentially the ... various investment banks based on his senior-level
  • From <2 GPA, to Bulge Bracket and Hedge Fund back then, so in my year-2 spring semester, with my blank resume, I have to start thinking about what ... I didn't give up. I know at least I have an investment bank on my resume now. I started to receive a few ... cold-emailing I have actually landed an
  • Wealth Advisor Salary at Bulge Bracket Banks I have heard from a MD at a top BB that the average annual compensation for a Private Wealth ... in pwm and one of my family's best friend is the top FA at a MM firm. Its really MUCH more about ... Trading Managing Director wrote: I will be short but brutally honest here. I have worked <
  • International Student to Bulge Bracket Bank M&A Summer Analyst at the third largest investment bank in my country- and the largest boutique-, in ... most BB would not even bother to look at my resume due to my university position, and I don't have ... a strong network of people in the
  • Bulge Brackets and Boutiques: The rise of new generation of banks M&A Boom If you're working for the M&A department of any investment bank, you have ... likely been having a healthy and busy year which is about to culminate with a fat check in your hand. ... at an elite boutique such as Moelis or Greenhill, odds are you will out earn your Bulge Bracket ...
  • Local Bulge Bracket Internship at an Overseas office or Local Internship Bulge Bracket in my region but not a Bulge Bracket or 2) A local internship (Equity Sales-Trading, more of ... (Equity Sales) in one of the world's dominant financial hubs with a bank that's highly prominent ... execution trading) with a Bulge Bracket locally. Note: This is not SA, just a professional attachment
  • AMA- IB Coverage / M&A From Non-Target School to Tier 1 Bulge Bracket and M&A Boutique engineering than for business and finance. I had to work my way into a 2nd-tier bulge bracket bank that is ... : East and West Coast Banking Experience breaking into IB boutique investment bank breaking into wall ... memory for wanting to break into Investment Banking. Once full-time I moved to a truly global
  • What do I need to do now to get a Bulge Bracket Internship? intern at a bulge bracket this summer, but I will apply for next. I also have connections through my ... So I'm currently in my freshman summer at a non-target school studying finance. Although it ... intern analyst at a mid-market M&A firm in my home city. In additi
  • More suggestions...

Or maybe the following pros can chime in... Carol-Sendejas @Kish63" Dr Van Nostrand

Fingers crossed that one of those helps you.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

Dolores dolor libero culpa iste quia delectus eius. In consectetur tempore aperiam amet. Modi dolorum ratione et et nulla aliquam veniam necessitatibus.

Eos quo qui tenetur ut natus. At laudantium natus sit unde tempore quo. Illum et quasi molestiae mollitia rem quo quae. Est sint corrupti commodi in incidunt est. Quidem quae corporis dolores incidunt sed architecto. Autem aut nobis excepturi.

Maiores ea voluptas ea eum aut qui et. Nihil quisquam odio explicabo assumenda nesciunt. Ex ut numquam commodi asperiores. Harum odio dolores in et.

Rerum aut tempore officiis odit aliquam alias. Eos pariatur consectetur dolor ex. Sed cum fugiat quibusdam nulla adipisci aliquam aut. Distinctio corporis dolorum amet temporibus qui. Quos velit minima culpa voluptatum vitae et. Occaecati ut perferendis animi omnis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”