Need some advice here. Right now I have 2 offers on the table.
1) An overseas internship (Equity Sales) in one of the world's dominant financial hubs with a bank that's highly prominent in my region but not a Bulge Bracket
2) A local internship (Equity Sales-Trading, more of execution ) with a Bulge Bracket locally. Note: This is not SA, just a professional attachment summer programme, usually for first and 2nd years
Which would you advise for someone who wants to do IB?
Note: I am a freshman
I am more inclined towards the Overseas one because
1) Local interns are a dime a dozen and I think having overseas work experience would really make me standout
2) I think equity sales has more overlapping areas compared to execution trading
Advantages of Local:
1) Able to build a network in a Bulge Bracket and perhaps leverage on it
Kindly advise this confused junior monkey =//