Really pretty girl. 22 yro. Just graduating out of Columbia. Majored in computer science. So, shes really smart too.
I'm a 25yro third year analyst at a BB.
Date went well. Dinner went really well. We laughing all the time and then I asked her what are the most important things she looked for in a guy for long term purposes. And she answered "well, the first thing is that he has to have ambition. Second, and this sounds horrible I know, but he has to be making more than me. I don't really care what he does, as long as I'm not footing our bills and really, he has to at least make more than me. Sorry if that sounds bad!"
Now, I've been on a LOT of dates, both in college and after college. I've heard the whole "I want a man with ambition" ALL THE TIME, but never the "he has to make more than me" line. That's a first! Now, gentlemen of WSO, is this a red flag? She was pretty eager for a second date but I don't know if I want to pursue that anymore. Or am I overreacting here? Cause she just forced me to compare her to an old TA's hot hot fiance who graduated med school and makes 180k while he makes ~140k which is lower than hers and she seems to be cool with that.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Need bro advice- What she just said = red flag? "Future husband needs to be making more than me!"
- She is 27 years old. She's slept with more than 30 men. Is this a red flag?
- Terrible Date. Now what?
- Thats what she said
- 85 Broad sporting a Chinese national flag?
- Just got this really specific email from Wells Fargo...?
- I've been chatting to this girl for some time now, and she asked me a very flirty question?
- Red Bull, Red Bull, Red Bull