2023 Summer internships?

I’m currently a junior at a pretty respectable US university. I have a 3.9 GPA and some pretty good experience working with high net worth clients in private banking at small funds.

I’m trying to land a position at a larger firm in private banking for my junior year internship and I’ve applied to about 15 places within the last month and haven’t heard back. I’m new to this and not great at networking. Do y’all have any tips for landing these types of internships? Time is ticking for me and I’m getting nervous. I’ve attached a screenshot of the companies I’ve applied to…

In the same boat as you, at a semi-target with a 3.8 and just had a round 1 with Citi. I've virtually done little to no networking and have a spring internship at PWC while interviewing for SA roles at banks. Some banks respond in a week others take 4-6. I would keep grinding apps and make sure to reach out to people to proof your resume. Recruiting is heavy right now so I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

You're definitely a bit late on the recruiting front, but private banking typically has lots of opportunities and there are plenty of postings until early spring. I would really recommend applying to more firms. Even if you don't land at the place you want this summer, you can always re-recruit next fall for full time. It's also not too late to network with people at these firms. If you're at a good school I'm sure there are plenty of alums you can talk to, and if they like you enough they can slide your resume to HR and get you a first round right now since lots of these processes are rolling.

Vel perspiciatis animi dolorum occaecati nihil fugiat. Voluptas aut autem sunt nisi velit. Dolor enim autem sunt. Fugit est et sed nobis recusandae quia.

Quas et aliquam non quibusdam voluptate dolore. Fuga consequatur ut repellat quidem ut est impedit.

Unde omnis adipisci numquam unde. Blanditiis dolores ipsa iusto non quos nostrum. Autem distinctio ipsam cumque. Aspernatur aut pariatur rerum adipisci maiores asperiores omnis. Enim voluptates voluptate dolore deleniti.

Rem iure magnam est quibusdam. Voluptas culpa sunt recusandae aperiam nulla veritatis officiis. Blanditiis voluptate molestiae nam sit beatae et. Eum aut voluptates et assumenda error. Magni omnis vitae qui et voluptate enim magni. Rerum sint expedita voluptas ea quis et earum voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”