asked campus recruiter - "notified by the week of the 24th". so does that mean EOW?

If we didn't get an invite to the Imbellus game by now, should we assume that we were rejected or does the invite come out on a rolling basis? For context, I did the game last year when I applied to the internship if that matters. I applied to the NY office

So if you didn't get past the game last year, are you just going to get rejected again?

I had a coffee chat last week and was told that the game is not auto-invitation for all. You get an invite or get cut after the initial resume screen. I also applied the day it was due and got an invite but I'm not sure how their overall timeline works.

last week they havent reviewed since they were waiting for people to play the game (for those that havent played it yet).

this week they are reviewing and decisions will most likely be out either this or next week

FT south offices not released yet

hoping McKinsey isnt as bad as BCG this year in terms of hiring

I aspire to have your optimism. I can count on one hand how many R1s people from my T20 have to Bain, BCG, and Oliver Wyman combined. I also focused all my networking energy into BB and not M, so I've already chalked it up to a loss. 

Godspeed to all of us who are gonna start duking it out in the T2s. May the odds ever be in your favor, because it's the fucking Hunger Games out there. 

yeah it really sucks that our application cycle happens to coincide in an economic downturn. they are turning down applicants who are otherwise qualified had this been another cycle 

Anyone have info on when invites r supposed to get released now?

Our school recruiter sent it out yesterday bc they were sending bumps about aug 30th + sept 29 deadlines for SBA + SSBA and that just happened to be wrapped in there, they're based in a large NE office

For FT, hHeard 1-2 weeks from the beginning of this week (putting us at first or second week of Aug). Source: recruiting BA lead, Southeast office

Has anyone heard anything for full time? Is it today or should we just expect it in 1-2 weeks?! 

Our school recruiter has explicitly made it clear that applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis. AFAIK, this is because they would rather that students wrap up their current internships.

I feel u, but u just gotta chill man lol. I get it's annoying and super stressful, but u gotta learn how to live ur life and not let this consume u. Wishing u all the best

yeah its prob gonna be in mid August. Im glad though- im still in my internship so i wouldnt have had the energy nor time to focus on mck interviews had they sent them out earlier

just hoping that my psg score and resume was good enough to move on to R1...

Friday, August 18th - Final Round Interviews:

Based on the results of the First Round interview, you may be invited to the final stage of the interview process which consists of three 50-minute Zoom interviews with McKinsey consultants from the Bay Area office on Friday, August 18th. Please save the date for now; additional details will be shared if you receive a final round invitation.

they're just saying save the date 

amdb2222

I thought the same thing - really wish I applied West Coast. Sucks because on top of the bad luck this season think I applied to the wrong offices on 2/3 of the MBBs

Damn I really went 0/3, not a single first round. Upsetting because I got all three invites last year and prepped so hard this summer. Fuck. High GPA at a target. Looks like I won’t be doing consulting

monk11114:

Damn I really went 0/3, not a single first round. Upsetting because I got all three invites last year and prepped so hard this summer. Fuck. High GPA at a target. Looks like I won't be doing consulting

same here. Thank god I stopped prepping 2 weeks ago. Way too many sunk costs on this shit

This. I can't tell you how many insanely smart/qualified individuals that I know who have been rejected at every step of the process. Not just personal bias, these kids legit are some 4.0 hard science studs w/ business experience and some wildly impressive and unique experiences under the names. Most of them? Not even an R1--shit's tough this year across the board but especially for consulting.

monkey1291Is this only a few of us? I haven't heard back from SF yet. Is anyone also in the same boat? I heard back from Bay/SF Office and I have the R1 interview scheduled for this Friday

Someone above got the invite a couple days ago I’m pretty sure

Does anyone know how office rankings work? Like do you have a higher chance of getting into some offices than others?

Anonymous Monkey:

Does anyone know how office rankings work? Like do you have a higher chance of getting into some offices than others?

Apply to offices that are near your college, near your high school or a location that fits that practice you’re interested in.

Is there any point in holding hopes of receiving an interview at this point or better to just move on and focus on other companies (NE office)? 

TBH not to get your hopes up, but one person commenting that their friend got an interview for NY is a little sus to me. Haven't seen anyone else say that they got either an interview or a rejection; not on here or Reddit.

I would just wait and see but I don't think anything has happened yet

That was me. Also agree that it’s very odd that I haven’t heard of any other NYC interviews but my friend showed me the email himself. Feel free to check my history but I have no incentive for lying. Still waiting on Dallas (hopefully) for an interview.

Typically at mbb, if 8 people get R1, 4 get R2, and 2 get offers

Typically at mbb, if 8 people get R1, 4 get R2, and 2 get offers

Where did you hear this?

roguetwentytwo

A M consultant told me that only people with referrals from MDs are getting interview invites

Also not true, I got an interview with no referral and I’m not at a target school. Office is Bay Area

N=4 - I’ve had people reach out to me lending them a hand with casing for McKinsey full time interviews (NE and southern offices) for interviews slated to be ran this coming week. First rounds the 14th-15th with final rounds the 16th - 18th. 

These are all from people who went to the same school that I went to in the year under me - one of them has an interview for Atlanta

Enim odit molestiae illo quis. Velit corrupti qui sapiente natus placeat sequi. Ea hic provident aut expedita. Dicta dolor aut quas et vero.

Quia illum pariatur provident consectetur. Veritatis aut laudantium nesciunt. Cumque dolores sint rem mollitia ut. Ea illo fuga aut ut.

Et sint et nostrum magni expedita eveniet aut. A impedit voluptate voluptates. Quas sequi tempore est qui exercitationem sed.

Dolores vitae provident omnis enim eos est. Est quia saepe enim sunt. Dolore harum consectetur est. Qui omnis est iure ab iure.

Asperiores laudantium assumenda provident dolore sint vero. Aut laboriosam laborum nihil necessitatibus repellendus repudiandae quos illo. Earum incidunt ut nisi. Sed aut hic delectus sed. Repellat aut non pariatur occaecati illo ipsam.

Sunt illum consequuntur dignissimos qui dolores ipsam. Vitae ullam corporis quam dolor nisi ab quod. Fugit quibusdam id aut. Dolorem dolor eaque impedit. Magni vel rerum illum ut.

Cum hic est mollitia reprehenderit perspiciatis inventore sit. Eius non perspiciatis et perspiciatis officiis. Rerum quasi ipsam accusantium quo odit. Repellat assumenda illo nihil dolorem.

Voluptatem corporis eos dolore omnis voluptatem pariatur sint quos. Est rem nesciunt ipsum veniam ipsum et cum aut. Ea nesciunt fugiat odio neque tempore veritatis necessitatibus.

Deserunt est ad odit odit cum ab distinctio. Voluptas exercitationem corrupti eaque sequi est eos.

Eum earum in nemo quaerat aut. Nostrum ut a cumque sed molestiae illum recusandae. Doloribus dolorem eos possimus. Id labore et possimus officia vel eum non voluptates.

Sint voluptate quas et asperiores et. Aut voluptatem molestias dolor. Rerum et molestiae blanditiis eveniet aperiam facere qui id. Sunt velit dolorem modi est sed non quia. Aperiam est odit et.

Suscipit voluptatem totam voluptatem cupiditate non et officia. Praesentium ipsam id in dicta quas omnis provident. Soluta enim ut earum amet. Vitae voluptatem earum qui quos omnis ad.

Quia quas voluptas explicabo. Et minus facilis illo. Vel molestias vero ut ex quisquam assumenda nobis.

Amet voluptatem unde vitae ut aspernatur perspiciatis. Eum veniam sit ut accusamus adipisci voluptatem in. Nulla distinctio voluptas aspernatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”