Summer 2024 Intern timeline for MBB, T2, etc.?

Wondering when do applications open, when are interview invites sent out, and when are offers received? I don't know why I cannot find an answer to this anywhere online. Is it just becaue it varies so much from firm to firm? I will be a sophomore this fall and want a consulting internship next summer if possible.

Most Helpful

Google it! If you're from a target school, MBBs/T2s will often have a recruiting page for your specific school. If not, it's generally on their websites Interview invites usually ~1-2 weeks post app deadline, and I've had offers be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks post-interview. 

As a current sophomore though, unless you're black/latino/native American, there aren't really internship opportunities. I would suggest finding another internship in a different but related industry that gives you good experience/story going into consulting recruiting. That's what I did, now at MBB, and they liked that story.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I am currently transferring to a semi-target/ west coast target school. That's why some of my access to the resources you speak of might not be there yet. As an incoming sophomore in the fall, I have an offer for BB underwriting middle office type work for next summer. I wanted to try to recruit for programs like Deloitte Discovery to better demonstrate my interest in consulting when applying for junior year internships. Any new thoughts in light of this info?

Totally understand, though even if you aren't at a target school, those website are public and the deadlines are the same no matter which school you attent. Here's Harvard's

Remember that most of the people interviewing you are in their 30s-40s, meaning that if/when they joined out of undergrad, some interned pre-senior year but many joined FT. There were no sophomore programs. I've gotten responses from some interviewers who tell me they want people to try other things before committing to a consulting internship, though who knows how broad that sentiment is.

I'll just say that my sophomore internship was in asset management, which I chose because it worked my analytical skills, client skills, and team skills. All things that matter in consulting, but also exposed me to something that wasn't consulting. Consultants like to see curiosity, so show them you're exploring and learning new things. If you want to demonstrate interest, join consulting clubs at your school, attend virtual recruiting/case prep events firms host, win case competitions. 

Anyways, at the end of the day it's all in how you tell your story. I got offers from T2s and MBBs with my story so I'd say it's a plausible path. I also have a friend that did Bain from freshman to full time. Everyone's path is different, so that's just my two cents.

I see. Thank you for that information. Extremely helpful.

I do want to ask, would that BB name carry a lot of weight when applying for consulting internships and ft roles? The internship itself isn't IB level so there is certainly a drop off in prestige in light of this. I've read though, that name brand is often less important in consulting relative to impact. Would you suggest I take an internship at a lesser known/regional firm if it is something that I can have more impact in/ consulting related? 

I know you already responded to this to some degree when you mention Consultants like to see curiosity, etc. but I wanted to see if you have any opinion/insights here.

Thanks again for all your responses.

Deleniti distinctio eligendi rerum quia illum quis sint. Maxime nemo ut optio sint totam. Quidem hic et eligendi omnis incidunt. Magnam porro dolore in et ducimus.

Labore et incidunt tempora est quaerat. Qui quo magnam quis tenetur. Velit aut adipisci dicta. Voluptas qui qui laboriosam autem. Aut dolore sit rerum aut ducimus et. Neque perspiciatis odio ea est aut voluptatem sit. Fuga at natus dolore amet cum id est.

Voluptatibus cupiditate quis quidem laudantium ea. Culpa inventore vitae ea porro. Error ipsum quaerat itaque sed veniam labore reprehenderit. Error et iure et ab omnis.

Rerum harum repudiandae magni blanditiis eum in. Maxime saepe explicabo voluptates odio. Labore et aut occaecati tenetur nesciunt minus iste. Voluptates aspernatur beatae autem dolorem sint aut id.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”