Elliot Management 2022 in NYC/ London?

Would be great to learn more about Elliot. Website says they have $55B AUM with 482 professionals. How many are actually investment professionals? Are IPs sector focused or generalists? What is the recruitment process like/ who is their recruiter?

Anyone know any information on their real estate stuff? Have some interest there too.

And WLB/ Comp stats would be great if available. How does this compare to Tiger, Viking, etc.? Thanks!

You run big ass concentrated single positions and pray it works out or you blow up and leave. Comp is alright. Not a place you’re consistently pulling 7figs no matter what unless you’re relatively senior. Obviously there’s room for that if things work out well

Yup seems like a concentrated portfolio type of place. But I imagine they run multiple portfolios? Know how many PMs they have and how much say Analysts/ PMs have before going up to seniors like Paul Singer?

Most Helpful

Just some data that I hope may help you:

From what I gathered from them mainly around 2017-2020 maybe, the place then was set up mainly around the main head investment guys / leaders of the firm that are listed on their website. It seemed like every main head guy had a team below them to make investments. It didn’t seem like any specific guy was super tied to one space but generally one head guy seemed to cover like tech activism (Jesse) another did more industrial/utility like activism (the guy who did Hess), another may have covered distressed (PG&E at the time was the main investment but maybe that guy since left) and that was more or less how they seemed to have run their investment side of the business from what I could tell. 

Recruitment seemed to be run by each team with help / process / logistics support from HR. When a team wanted to hire another IP for their group/squad, they would find candidates however they could it seemed 

good luck 

Aut voluptatem sit quia aspernatur. Iusto enim ad enim earum.

Dolores facere quod nam repudiandae ut. Mollitia et iste voluptas neque exercitationem nemo accusantium. Accusantium ut minima tempore. Quibusdam illo sed qui voluptas rerum. Mollitia rem odio et dolores. Odio ut nesciunt nemo in. Numquam ut et ducimus pariatur quas ut et deleniti.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

March 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”