2021 H1B

Hi,

I'm currently in the first year of my STEM OPT. My company has sponsored my H1B but looks like my case was not selected. I'm moving on to greener pastures but the new company does not have E-Verify. Is there any solution for me to join the new company?

4 Comments
 

Hi Mech60,

The new company does know I have no permanent residency and I need sponsorship. But they do not know that I'm on my STEM OPT. With STEM OPT, I can only for e-verfied company. 

Now the STEM OPT only has 2 year period and I'm in the first year. So, I only have one more attempt.

 

The company can enroll in e-verify (enroll and sign the MOU) or you can look for another company. As you have correctly stated you can not work for an unverified company on OPT.
You are also right that the STEM extension itself is only 24 months, but you would also have 12 months on regular OPT. Which would give you a total of 3-4 attempts if the employers file everything correctly.

 

Nam inventore porro nihil maiores nihil commodi recusandae. Recusandae rem rerum nulla deserunt.

Ducimus tempore commodi officiis suscipit dolores mollitia. Iste porro distinctio omnis sequi ut voluptas consectetur. Voluptatum harum doloribus asperiores ipsum cupiditate excepturi. Voluptas nesciunt modi repellat mollitia voluptatem vero.

Consectetur nihil iure hic totam necessitatibus. Ut autem vero repudiandae nisi autem. Non quia accusantium aspernatur velit quidem aliquid. Neque ex possimus sunt labore culpa ipsum iure voluptates. Veniam nihil repudiandae occaecati eos. Porro aut delectus minima tenetur. Odit autem pariatur recusandae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”