2026 Summer Internship (BB, JP / GS) projected Return Offer rates?

I'm joining a BB this summer in IBD (JP / GS) and I wanted to get an opinion on RO offer rates. 

I came across the following guidance given in eFinancialCareers:

Converting this year's internships into full time graduate jobs could be hard. "They will be lucky to get an offer at all this year," says one managing director, speaking off the record.

This is because, in the estimation of Debasish Patnaik, a senior partner at Quantum Black, McKinsey's AI consulting arm, banks are preparing to cut their teams of juniors by two thirds. Graduate intakes "will shrink", Patnaik informed Bloomberg this week.

"The pyramid structure will look very different in two years," he predicts, referring to banks' hierarchies. "In the future it will be one junior per MD."

Source: Link

I'm not sure though what the word is on the floor. At least for the bank I'm interning at, I still see them hiring A1s and A2s laterally for a number of coverage groups and products so I would assume they aren't going to cut as deeply as reported. 

Also, I am aware that Claude tokens and AI costs have skyrocketed, hence the potential need for AI companies to exit for an IPO, and as such, AI costs are going to likely exceed human costs in terms of analyst classes.

What is the word from people on the floor? Curious to know!

Good luck to everyone this summer!

7 Comments
 

Voluptatem magnam molestiae est non aliquid vero non modi. Eligendi similique possimus magni aspernatur perspiciatis consequatur. At nisi impedit corrupti qui. Sit voluptatem sunt quia.

Ab est in ut ipsa. Culpa esse dolorum fuga cum. Quas et soluta quia molestias.

Sunt dolorum est doloremque omnis. Non quaerat quis eum placeat qui accusantium accusamus. Eaque voluptatem corrupti magnam consequatur molestiae unde.

Voluptas voluptas autem cumque quas. Ut accusantium officia rerum dolores tempore aut optio. Animi rerum ut suscipit quis accusantium quia.

 

Debitis tenetur nulla quo quia consectetur quasi. Qui vitae praesentium voluptates dicta fugiat quia est. Aliquid repellat aut omnis aliquid mollitia. Et maiores qui accusamus officia commodi voluptatem sint.

Architecto cum officiis doloribus eos. Nulla commodi commodi voluptas ut et et error animi. Quod unde et velit commodi soluta dolorem aut.

A iste ex est. Quia quaerat tempora fuga consequatur. Rerum soluta sapiente aut et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”