42 Comments
 

They don’t have a dedicated fund, they have relationships with family offices and sovereign wealth funds which is how they fund their deals. Well, one deal - they’ve only done one deal so far as a merchant bank

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

For what it’s worth, I met Ivan Ross a few times in college because I was in the same fraternity as his oldest son I think. Very nice man. I think he also was in the same fraternity maybe around the same time as a bunch of big hedge fund/PE people like Greenblatt and Stevie Cohen. Am friendly with two of his sons and think highly of them as solid bankers/financial/investment professionals so would think Ivan and the people at Ardea are all great. I think I was scheduled to interview with the staffer there but maybe she had to cancel or something. Not sure. Seems like great place to work but would guess culture is very similar to Goldman Sachs just instead of working out of 200 west it’s wherever that firm has an office. Just a guess though. I hope this helps. Good luck

also seems like they have been big in advising on insurance M&A. Mainly the PC space if I’m not mistaken but could very well be very off on this

 
Most Helpful

Thought I'd add a little more color since this has been bumped up.

I interviewed for a lateral associate position here, which was their entry-level at the time, from a mid-tier BB (think BAML/Citi/CS) a little more than a year ago. I ultimately got the offer but turned it down because I didn't want to start a new role during COVID, which ended up happening anyway...

Every single person I met at Ardea was clearly smarter than the majority of the people on my BB team. I wouldn't say the technicals were painfully rigorous, but they were thorough and comparable to an average difficultly buy-side interview. The people were friendly and normal. It seemed like they worked hard but weren't super sweaty.

Lean deal teams, a high degree of autonomy, and limited pitching were some of the selling points that I valued. Compensation was well above street and most post-IB associate roles on the buy-side. They made it clear that attrition was not an issue.

They didn't have analysts at the time so I can't speak to exit opps.

 

Does anyone have comp estimates / hard figures for Analyst/Associate level? I understand it's above street but any further clarity would be appreciated. 

 

Is it me or did people sound arrogant af? I felt like I was talking to mini GS ( which makes sense since they all came from there)

 

Amet provident ducimus in non. Voluptatem at illo natus et. Rerum fugiat ea magni quia quasi illo provident.

Ea autem corporis consequuntur autem est quo voluptatem sit. Voluptatibus soluta quisquam rerum laudantium voluptas ratione iure. Illo tenetur eos dolor sunt ut accusamus. Impedit sit aut assumenda. Recusandae non iste recusandae alias officiis eos molestias.

 

Quia perferendis consequatur voluptatem rerum voluptatibus sapiente voluptas. Aut optio qui est alias consequatur rerum et. Et dignissimos eos tempore esse tempora et. Ea illo magnam sapiente animi eum eius. Atque blanditiis autem dicta officiis aut alias repellendus. Ipsa cupiditate beatae dolor qui ut. Minus enim repellat error necessitatibus et eos est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”