Thank you for the confirmation. Was starting to doubt the actual website but I’m very glad your inside source cleared my doubts.

Current NY IB SA here... this is purely speculative and 100% my opinion but I wouldn't expect apps to open before July 24th, which is the (likely) last day of our internship. Recruiters are very heavily involved in running our program so they probably don't have time to deal with the process for next summer yet.

Again, no evidence for this, just my opinion.

It's shit like this that makes me absolutely hate this site (and shows why it's such a nuisance). How one kid can say "I spoke with the hEaD oF rEcRuiTiNg and they said August 1st" and how others can say "I go to HYP and they emailed and said 5 PM today" makes no fucking sense. Thanks Patrick Curtis for starting this absolute shit show

Lmao did anyone else just get an email from their school's recruiter saying that apps would open August 1st? Even though they've been open for like three weeks?

Anyone else unable to login to their application portal? Keeps saying login failed and it isnt sending a password reset email

no lmfao cap as in that dude is cappin about getting a hirevue

Most Helpful

ib recruiting is so defeating honestly... all year you work hard as hell to network to have a chance and a stronger application at getting an interview (non target, non diversity) and days pass, people get offers, and youre stuck stressing the school year. Literally everyone knows the importance of a junior ib internship and the fear of not getting tht offer is the worst. hopefully BofA pulls through bc a lot of analysts are telling me 'theres no formal recruiting process, its a lot of word of mouth' but i have 4 referrals - 3 analysts and one 1vp, hopefully thts enough. and lol my b for the long message, needed to rant at how stressing this is.

[Comment removed by mod team]

1) why bofa 2) why investment banking 3) tell me about a market event 4) greatest weakness 5) a time you were a leader

keep in mind they have a database of q's lined up to ensure cheating doesn't happen.

Either they have rotating questions (which I doubt bc the questions were indeed much more specific) or OP is bringing the lying shit that plagued the GS threads. I really hope it isn't the latter – I get that people asking for hirevue questions is frustrating, but to lead people dishonestly makes you no less sleazy. If you don't want to contribute to the needy people asking for questions, just ignore them rather than lying about the questions.... geez where is the humility...

Hirevue questions IBD NY

1- Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at BAML 2- A time when you had to juggle multiple tasks, the goal, the outcome, and what you learned 3- A time when you had you to make a hard decision 4- A situation where you were the subject matter expert, what was expected of you and how you handled it.

I had 5 questions in total, this is all I can remember. Everything else was a bit foggy. All behavioral, pretty easy to answer. This questions are not word for word either. 30 seconds prep, 3 minutes to answer

To everyone fretting about the process, just wanted to let u know that I received the HIREVUE invite for NYC IBD just now. Non-target, non-diversity, and networked heavily. Came out of the blue when I gave up all hope. Also goes to show how much bs ppl drop on this website, considering so many mentioned all hirevues were out.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Why would they call you to say they are still reviewing? That makes no sense lol 

VP made fun of me for using hotmail. Should I be concerned?

I’ve recently started a newsletter to interview one junior banker each week, to share their story on how they broke into investment banking, smashed their internship etc.

My reason for starting this newsletter is that I got a lot of help when I was getting started in banking and want to be able to pass this on. I was an M&A analyst at Evercore in London, and also did my summer internship at Evercore. Prior to that, I did spring weeks at Lazard, BAML and RBS

I’m also planning to regular free CV reviews and post other content on how to smash the IB application and interview process.

Just got an offer! Not sure if all the offers are going out today, and best of luck to anyone still waiting!

Fucking rejected big rip. Target/GPA/Networked and didn't even get past the Hirevue! What it do baby.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”