1819 Comments
 

Based on last year, I've heard it's hirevue-> superday. No phone calls or interviews in between. However, the hirevues screening is pretty selective and not everyone gets them. It's not like MS who gives a hirevue to anyone with a heart beat that has above a 3.0 GPA.

 

It's rolling so it will depend on when you apply. They do it in pools based on date of application received and what school you go to. Unfortunately, I don't know the % of people that get superdays given that they got the hirevue.

 

I guess that varies. Last year I also got a hirevue like 3/4wks after applying but got a super day like a week after hirevue... it probably varies by school and office. Although this year it will probably be different

 

Can you apply to more than one location for the same position? If so, do you only get interviewed for one location?

 

Anyone know why they aren't opening their application tomorrow? Really sucks because I have an offer somewhere else and probably gonna have to accept that one with no hope for BAML.

 

HR just sent an email to let us know that the app will be “opening later in the summer”. looks like it’ll be while before they finish up

 

Might just depend, but I'd previously emailed the head of HR for my target about an issue, so maybe they just picked the kids that have been to events/from programs/have had contact with?

 

I am at a target, have been to all of my school's BofA events, have networked with several bankers across multiple offices and divisions, received their emails before, and have been in contact with my school's HR rep, but I got no fucking email smh.

My guess is as good as any, but I assume HR reps are emailing their individual schools on their own time.

The Bank of America website also mentions it but is vague, just saying "Applications for 2021 programs will open later this summer – check back soon."

 

Can confirm the delay at my target, not sure why I got updated when it seems like others didn't but rest assured it is not opening today (7/1).

Array
 

Current NY IB SA here... this is purely speculative and 100% my opinion but I wouldn't expect apps to open before July 24th, which is the (likely) last day of our internship. Recruiters are very heavily involved in running our program so they probably don't have time to deal with the process for next summer yet.

Again, no evidence for this, just my opinion.

 

can also confirm head of recruitment told me that apps are opening on august 1st!!

 

Does anyone know if you can still apply even if you did a superday through diversity and haven't heard back at all?

 

If someone at the bank said they would push my resume to the recruiting team, does this mean I can pick "Employee Referral"?

 

Are spots for the LATAM Sophomore Summer Analyst Program filled? The websites showing me that the program is open but that its "closed to applications."

 

Is anyone sure that there isn't an assessment we have to do? The confirmation email I got told me thanks for completing the first part of my app and that I'll receive an email shortly on another step I have to complete. That makes it sound like we have to do some sort of test or questionnaire otherwise wouldn't they just say "if you are good fit, we will reach out to you"? I know it's an automated message either way, but it still sounds like there's something else that everyone who submits an app has to do.

 

Yeah based on last year's thread, I don't think they do either. Just confusing why they had their automated email like that. I guess it's a possibility they added in a test this year to whittle down the pool, but maybe it was just unintentionally ambiguous.

 

Can you go through the process for multiple locations in IB. I applied with NY as my first choice but have had recent networking success in Palo Alto, which was my 2nd choice. Am I out of the process for Palo Alto or do I still have a chance? I know for some banks you're only considered for one location.

 

Don't think there is any additional assessment, I think they will take some time to review apps as mentioned they seemed to thankfully push things back this summer. FWIW I heard the SF IB recruiting has kind of been winding down outside of the formalized process, but I am not sure if this applies to all groups.

 

Anyone know what the employee referral process is at BofA? I know someone who's willing to refer me but is disconnected with recruiting. I go to a non-core so we don't have recruiting teams deciding who gets a hirevue. This is for IB.

 

I mean I have no clue, but It seems to me that BofA takes networking pretty seriously. Just my experience from talking with a lot of people and how important they made it seem to talk to as many people as you could. Take this with a grain of salt though

 

I know this has been discussed in other threads but I wanted to ask specifically in the case of BAML - is it frowned upon to apply to both IB and Capital Markets?

 

I just wanna say your comment stopped me from having a 10 second heart-attack. THANK U BROTHER!

 

non target, non diversity here..

talked to an analyst and the internship for this summer is done so theyre going to ramp up soon, will lyk if I hear anything

 

Just got a rejection. I'm an international. Have IB experience at a BB. Seems almost automatic. Didn't apply as early as most (like a week after it opened). Could it be they aren't sponsoring? A friend also got dinged. International as well. Didn't apply early. Or was this just a normal rejection?

 

I'm international and applied the day the application opened. Have networked pretty hard and have a couple of people pushing my resume. Even interacted with 1-2 campus recruiters, so I'm certain they are still sponsoring.

 

Eos nostrum tempore nam. Qui ullam sint impedit dolorum voluptatibus totam explicabo. Rem ratione consequatur deleniti praesentium quibusdam maiores. Quis repudiandae voluptates voluptatem voluptates incidunt. Dolore iste nesciunt aut id et aspernatur quo dolor.

Nisi quaerat praesentium repellendus voluptatem fugiat. Similique repellat veritatis ab.

Nesciunt omnis aut ratione dolores voluptatem consequuntur harum et. Dolores fugit nihil nesciunt assumenda dolores quod dolorum. Autem qui dignissimos et eius omnis molestias. Aut est ut vero velit pariatur ipsum possimus. Assumenda qui dolore eveniet saepe laudantium.

Voluptate sint sunt vel. Ut beatae voluptas et officiis aspernatur dolorem.

 

Cum voluptatem est voluptatum et repudiandae cum ut. Eligendi dignissimos sapiente debitis voluptatem velit placeat qui. Quis voluptatibus quae quam harum. Ad qui sapiente est. Autem corrupti velit tempora atque ut reprehenderit. Quos voluptatem laboriosam consectetur totam magnam repellat.

Dolorem explicabo in illo porro quisquam id. Ut quis voluptas est nihil quae ipsam aperiam. Occaecati nobis modi pariatur ad adipisci velit aliquam. Possimus temporibus molestiae maiores nisi aperiam voluptas.

 

Deleniti nostrum quia delectus aspernatur qui autem voluptatem. Cumque aperiam quia ut omnis et. Laborum ut veniam sint quis consequatur velit magni aut.

Laborum et quos similique aliquam qui aut error. Ipsum ipsum est ad. Nam quod distinctio quis. Quis similique consequatur fugiat blanditiis.

Adipisci molestiae a cupiditate asperiores vel. Aut in explicabo est sit quo. Consectetur modi est in sunt sed at accusamus.

Magni quis et natus ullam. Consectetur quibusdam unde aspernatur ullam eveniet esse ut repellendus. Veritatis id ipsa voluptates consequuntur porro. Rem cumque nisi rerum libero quasi rerum aperiam et.

 

Dolorum perferendis quo labore labore pariatur. Dignissimos vel quam ducimus. Qui et nihil nobis odit consequatur optio et.

Corrupti et dolores ab impedit nulla ullam veritatis. Inventore et ea sed quisquam hic atque. Eos pariatur repellendus est et totam impedit at. Voluptatem facilis velit aspernatur velit. Laboriosam vel laborum voluptatem minima nam et consequatur mollitia. Molestiae rem aut consectetur ratione ad quia reiciendis quam.

 

Libero nihil blanditiis delectus neque ex sit. Similique praesentium beatae fugiat quibusdam dolor ipsam at qui. Ullam cumque vel sed dolorem.

Qui sunt fugit et eum autem sint. Voluptates dignissimos beatae ipsa consequatur numquam at dolores est.

Sunt voluptas quo voluptatem fugit et tempora error. Aliquam ipsam magnam sapiente officiis. Quis eveniet dicta sapiente totam quisquam eum molestiae. Et animi provident atque veritatis accusantium nemo velit explicabo. Ut ut est omnis doloremque corporis quibusdam. Non eius et ab alias.

Nulla velit alias omnis corporis et dignissimos accusamus. Ipsam dolorum officia omnis dolor quibusdam velit consequatur. Ea impedit voluptatem aut incidunt voluptatum repellat. Nostrum ipsum est earum qui nostrum autem quaerat. Corrupti ut aspernatur omnis omnis blanditiis eum. Eos dicta animi sint. Voluptatum totam molestiae reprehenderit et ut ut.

 

Quis ut sit consequatur non cumque quo repudiandae. Ratione et omnis earum. Veritatis quia labore voluptatibus quis nam quo est. Et iste error neque sint aspernatur voluptates repellendus. Molestiae nihil cumque culpa laboriosam aut aut.

Quod repudiandae voluptas rerum quaerat rerum. Reprehenderit quidem ut error. Illum consectetur tempore in libero. Mollitia et nulla eveniet eos. Totam dolore deleniti sint aut nobis. Distinctio sequi molestias consequuntur vel velit cupiditate error.

 

Et commodi suscipit dolor rerum aspernatur. Et error sed harum consequatur et voluptatem consequatur. Inventore dolores assumenda et quisquam consectetur voluptatem.

Adipisci neque doloremque sit ratione omnis fuga nisi. Ipsam numquam temporibus ut et modi est. Beatae repellendus nobis impedit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”