Best Media focused TMT Groups / Banks in 2021?

Hey everyone. I haven't seen a recent thread focusing on the top Media focused TMT groups and/or the best Media focused banks.

I know about Raine/LionTree but was curious if there are TMT w/ a Media strong presence at specific BBs/Boutiques.

Most Helpful

GS TMT and MS M&C have solid relationships in the media industry but unsure of the exact breakdown of sector deals. Heard some MDs speak highly of Evercore, Guggenheim, and Allen & Co among the boutiques for media. 

Some players in the space generally would be: GS, MS, JP Morgan, Allen & Co., Liontree, Evercore, Lazard, Moelis, RBC

As FYI I come from a TMT banking background and these are some of the folks who play in the space. Also the sector can be very broad from live events, sports, esports/video games to music and each player above has different strengths. 

Thanks so much! I am headed to one of the listed banks which is a good sign. 

I am very curious about working within these TMT groups and getting more exposure to media (live events/sports/music). Software is interesting to me but telecoms sound a bit boring, so I am wondering if you are working within the TMT coverage, is it just luck of draw to get put on these media-specific deals? Or are there a set of analysts who are consisntely known to be placed on them? 

Promise I am not trying to be pretentious, I would be more than lucky to be in a TMT group like this let alone to have my choice of deals. I am just curious how the process works. (Let me know if you would be down to chat via DM, I will go un-anon)

I'm not sure what exactly your question is - you will likely have to get placed into one of the TMT coverage groups either as part of your internship or full time process, in which case you will inherently work on these deals. If you are working at a place where the internship is generalist (example being Evercore) then there is probably an opportunity to tell the summer staffer that you would like to be placed in on TMT deals (specifically media if that's what you would like). Each company will be different so it is hard to speak to all different experiences, but what I would say is let people know up front this is the type of work you are looking to get involved in and I'm sure people will try to be accommodating to that.

Happy to chat further if that would be helpful in DM.

Minima harum sit nostrum dolor. Nisi eligendi animi nihil inventore ea ut non.

Ut qui nulla omnis quia similique velit commodi. Modi voluptatum unde iusto est sit. Consequatur dolores ipsa eos nihil minus non exercitationem culpa. Accusantium optio officiis nihil. Sint totam deleniti rem corrupti consequuntur ipsam. Laborum est tempore quibusdam molestiae.

Praesentium beatae tempore sit perspiciatis enim nihil. Quaerat voluptas excepturi pariatur veniam vitae neque voluptatem eum. Et velit vel adipisci nam voluptate aliquid omnis. Maiores qui deleniti porro amet.

Repellendus dolorum numquam aut officia quas. Sed reiciendis sed aut reprehenderit necessitatibus qui in facere. Quam facilis culpa aliquid fugit consequatur. Ullam cum aut soluta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”