I was 4 seconds away from committing sudoku when I found out these were just the financing ones

I wish it was the old days where going to a supertarget guaranteed you a superday

Born too late to be guaranteed superdays

Born too early to go to space

I just spoke with someone in charge of my school's recruiting (Target) and saying if you haven't heard back, it's dinged. I assume there won't be any second round tbh. Sorry to piss on your bonfire.

So ppl that got the hirevue but no superday..are we officially done? Just want to know if I should stop holding out hope!

Controversial

Why do you do this? It just hurts you and doesn't really helo anyone else just stop

So I heard the MD I interviewed with didn't like me because I sounded "too rehearsed and not as natural as other candidates". Can anyone help me understand what this means? Should I have paused for 2-3 seconds and feigned thinking about answers to questions before just answering them? I don't think I'm much of a "robot" in interviews. I'm smiley, laugh, try to be loose and casual, etc. I was just prepared to immediately answer each behavioral or technical that came up because I've put in hundreds of hours to prepare. The associates I interviewed with in the same group loved me, and I feel like I didn't change from one interview to the next. Maybe I should have asked him a question like "what do you like to do in your free time?" to strike up a more casual convo towards the end? I'm clueless about what I could have done differently.

Talked to my friend whos a VP in financing. should find out mid next week

Most Helpful

Just wanted to say that for everyone who hasn't heard back yet not to lose hope! You still may hear back next week and worse case scenario, even if things don't work out, it is totally fine and to remember that an offer from some firm doesn't dilute any of your former accomplishments or definitively determine your future success. I know it may seem "easy to say" from someone who was extended an offer for next summer, but, just to be real with you all, I applied for GS IBD last year and got dinged after the Superday; I also reapplied to other firms which I got dinged from last summer and still managed to get offers at a few of them this year. While it may have seemed a bit tough then, there is still time to reapply for next summer/full-time and if not at this firm there are vast variety of other which are just as great (if not arguably better than) GS . I hope this helps anyone who might be feeling a bit anxious, but just remember that even making this far shows how accomplished you are and you can't let 20 min interviews (half of which were legit just intros and the rest relatively stale pre-determined questions imo) determine that. Wherever you end up, I'm sure it will be as great as you all :) 

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”