Should I apply for Off-Cycle in Dubai or London? (January - June 2024 - IBD)

Hello,

Can anyone talk about off-cycles in Dubai, how are their experiences in Dubai compared to London?

Thank you so much for the support!

How are you doing that when you're supposed to be in school?

Got plenty of friends in both cities (am at a UK target myself), and the general consensus is that you should avoid starting in Dubai unless that's where you want to be for the long term. Granted, it's only an internship, but I'd definitely focus my efforts on London so you can gain more relevant deal experience. Also, Dubai is still considered second-tier in terms of the experience you get as a junior compared to London

The experience itself might actually be better in the sense that you get more responsibility and exposure as a generalist in lean teams. However, the point about competition doesn't really hold up because of how few spots there are in Dubai. Sure, it might be good for a change of scenery, but no point deviating from London if that's your goal.

Also, the experience is viewed as second-tier because of less sophisticated clients and the nature of the deals themselves, which can be quite different from London. 

bro, why are you thinking about this? Dubai always has a bad taste, especially if you don't have to go there, why should you?

After the SA at Bofa or MS , even if it is citi , you are in the best position , no off cyle will help you , especially in dubai. Look for a decent EB/MM player, if the competition is too big for you, learn everything you need to perform in your internship and you will be fine.

D

Vel rerum et vero non. Est consequatur suscipit ipsa dolore numquam minima sed. Voluptatibus aut laboriosam similique repellat temporibus ut laudantium.

Necessitatibus quis et sunt necessitatibus. A neque dolores non iusto omnis aut non. Voluptatibus magnam eum quia quae sunt eum beatae. Ipsa quos sint aut et blanditiis ullam.

Exercitationem accusantium repellendus voluptate. Eligendi fugiat aut et sit ipsum officiis sint eveniet. Ducimus unde ut quo autem dolorum.

Et provident laudantium id. Quo consequatur provident nihil sed nihil in. Velit amet aut autem ipsum dicta voluptatibus. Debitis tenetur temporibus deserunt rem quo. Cupiditate accusantium quisquam illum itaque dignissimos. Magni qui quis et repellendus non itaque tempora officiis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”