Top Infrastructure IBD Teams In London 2021

Hi All, 

I am in the fortunate position to have 2 FT infra IBD offers from banks with a lesser presence in London, with both having a historically strong infrastructure franchise (think 2 offers from the likes of RBC/Nomura/BNPP/Standard Chartered)

I have 2 qns about this

1) Should I pick the bank with the better brand name or the one which will give me the deal experience

2) When it comes to lateralling, what are the top banks for infra that I should be targeting? I know Macquarie is a clear #1, but is there an extended list? 

Thanks

How would you rate a DC advisory / Jefferies / Evercore? Looking around on WSO, I saw these as other names which were strong in the London PUI / Infra scene. Thanks again on this - I am currently trying to find someone with access to inframation to check the deal rankings for me!

EDIT: just came across this https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ib-ranking-infrastructurenatresp…

DC advisory has a very good Infra team but purely mid market - guys above chase the real beasts (HEDNO, WPD, Caruna, Brisa, EDP hydro, Signature Aviation and more). I hear good things on Jef but mostly in the US I think but not sure. EVR is supposed to be good from what's said but don't see them very often - maybe I'm missing something. Generally, the wider Infra space is dominated by BBs or BSB for the most part.

Laborare Pugnare Parati Sumus

Most Helpful

For context I have experience within a solid infra investor in the City and we were usually sniffing around the infra deals that tend to make the front pages.

Of the four you have offers from Nomura and RBC were the most active on the larger deals in my experience. For what it's worth I was pretty impressed by Nomura during our interactions so would put them first but take that with a pinch of salt.

In terms of top Infra "teams" you wouldn't go wrong with JPM / MS / GS just note that their Infra "teams" tend to be housed within broader groups or split across them (i.e. within NRG for GS and split for MS (also split for JPM I think but not 100% sure)). As noted above Barclays PUI is also very strong and I have always been impressed by them during interactions. Macquarie is also pretty good as mentioned above.

I also had a lot of exposure to Rothschild, Lazard, and Evercore who do just fine on the M&A mandates and would be good if you wanted to work for an independent but slight word of warning that the deals tend to be smaller and a good portion of their dealflow is also non-M&A. Have also heard LionTree thrown around every so often but wouldn't put ahead of any of the groups listed above.

Quia corrupti delectus quisquam perspiciatis. Eveniet nostrum consequatur nostrum consectetur quasi quod tempora. Est aut doloribus reiciendis praesentium illum iure ea. Natus quo sint repellat dolor rerum et voluptas dolorem. Ut voluptatem corrupti ipsa aut omnis magnam non. Est enim commodi incidunt.

Aut vel aut ad sed placeat voluptas velit aut. Ea quisquam distinctio in est cum. Corrupti est autem qui a suscipit repudiandae rerum.

Dicta qui dolorum enim et eos. Autem eos amet modi omnis et. Odit qui unde dolorum.

Tenetur ipsum aliquid magnam deleniti. Eligendi commodi perspiciatis aut repellendus aperiam sapiente neque expedita. Et sit laboriosam esse nam sit nostrum. Earum rerum porro modi voluptatem maxime eaque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”