Advice for Truist SA 2025 First Round (ATL Office)

Recently just scheduled a first-round Interview for Truist SA 2025 at their Atlanta office. Would definitely appreciate some insight on what your guy's first rounds with them were like. Mainly behavioral? Easy technicals? Heavy on technicals? If so what should I mainly focus on? 

Based on the highest ranked content on WSO and insights from previous threads, first-round interviews, especially for positions like Summer Analyst at Truist in the Atlanta office, tend to blend both behavioral and technical questions. However, the emphasis can vary depending on the specific role and department you're interviewing for. Here are some pointers to guide you through your preparation:

1. Understand the Firm and Office Culture: Given Truist's significant presence in Atlanta, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with the firm's culture, values, and recent developments or deals they've been involved in. This knowledge can help you tailor your answers to fit their culture and show your genuine interest in the firm.

2. Behavioral Questions Preparation: Behavioral questions are a staple in first-round interviews. They aim to gauge your fit within the team and the firm. Prepare to share experiences that highlight your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving skills, and resilience. The STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) is a helpful structure for crafting compelling stories.

3. Technical Skills and Knowledge: While the first round might not dive deep into highly complex technicals, having a solid grasp of the basics is essential. For a Summer Analyst role, focus on understanding financial statements, valuation techniques (DCF, comparables, etc.), and basic market or industry trends relevant to Truist's operations. The level of technical questions can also depend on the department you're interviewing for, so tailor your preparation accordingly.

4. Recent Deals and Industry Trends: Showing awareness of recent deals Truist has been involved in, especially within the Atlanta market or your area of interest, can set you apart. Additionally, being able to discuss current trends in the financial industry demonstrates your passion and commitment to the field.

5. Questions for Interviewers: Prepare thoughtful questions to ask your interviewers. This is your chance to learn more about the role, team, and Truist's culture. It also shows your enthusiasm for the position and the firm.

Remember, the first round is as much about assessing your technical skills as it is about gauging your fit within the firm's culture and your interest in the role. Good luck with your interview!

Sources: S&T Recruitment 2011: An Applicants Story, Investment Banking in Atlanta?, Jefferies SA 2021 FI S&T- First Round Interview, Citi 2019 SA S&T Phone Interview Questions, Credit Suisse S&T 2021 SA

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

It has been a while but I had a first round 2024 in like February I think. Don't trust this 100p but if I remember correctly, 50/50 technical behavioral. Simple questions for both. Technicals were pretty much expected. Walk me through a DCF, 3 financial statements, how to calculate WACC, specifically cost of equity. Nothing surprised me. I was just a dumbass and got blindsided by the interview. Fucked it up like an idiot. Did not get a second round.

Good luck though. Hope you do well.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”