[UK] Status of targets/semi-targets following 2020 rankings?

The rankings i'm referring to are the qs rankings and the guardian rankings Some questions I had:

  • Is LSE still a target? Ranked #44 on QS and #26 on guardian for economics

  • Is uni of manchester now a target or a semi target? #27 on QS

  • Are economics degrees better than finance degrees for going into banking? From what I've heard they seem to be more rigorous, especially bsc economics

8 Comments
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

I can only speak for Germany, but here finance (called BWL) really is the better alternative, as you learn all the important stuff for the interviews/internships naturally, while econ dudes usually do not have the time for that. FFM also mostly recruits finance grads.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone:

Targets: Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Warwick, Imperial, UCL

That's it, right? I know schools like KCL have good placement but are not necessarily targets

 

Neque ut ipsa et consectetur aperiam quo optio. Quo aliquid nemo eveniet aut ea voluptatem. Nam exercitationem ipsa blanditiis architecto nostrum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”