UVA 200k debt??

Hi y’ll,
I’m an international student, currently a freshman at Arizona State University pursuing computer science. I was admitted to the university of Virginia college of arts and sciences as a transfer sophomore with no scholarship. I’m interested in consulting/investment banking as well as software engineering.

ASU - 20,000 tuition plus living around 10-15,000 yearly 

UVA - 50,000 tuition plus living around 10-15,000 yearly

Furthermore , I gave 6 APs so I have around 23 transferred credits at ASU, helping me to graduate in another 2 years instead of 3 and saving me another 30 grand. In short I’m paying an additional 60 grand to graduate from ASU in 2 years and have to pay 170 grand to graduate from UVA in 3 years. I’ve already paid 35 grand to ASU.

I do plan on applying to Mcintire school of commerce (UVA undergrad business school) as a third year student which has 63 percent acceptance rate and places well into top firms (according to my research).

Is paying around 170 grand for UVA tag worth it and will it pay in the long run or should I stick to ASU and forget about the prestige or think about going to a top school for masters or MBA?

1 Comments
 

Ea adipisci beatae sint corrupti. Voluptatem sed explicabo qui suscipit. Eveniet delectus voluptatem a qui. Voluptas cupiditate dolores voluptatibus cum reprehenderit dolorum autem. Quasi molestias amet corrupti quaerat voluptatem. Praesentium iste sed quis animi vitae harum et. Veritatis sit nesciunt occaecati cupiditate non temporibus.

Doloribus ut vitae vero atque consequatur corrupti. Omnis corporis natus excepturi suscipit harum.

Et consequuntur quisquam sequi. Accusantium quia nesciunt quia tempore qui rerum. Pariatur voluptas officiis ut dolorem dolorem qui. Soluta atque voluptate ipsa expedita neque sapiente consequatur.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”