applied to over 200 jobs and not a single interview
I literally have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but I'm currently a senior at a target school and I haven't received a single interview response. I admit there's two red flags on my resume, I'm not a finance/econ major and I have no campus involvement in investment/IB-related clubs. However, I've interned at a BB in IB/S&T, a middle-market bank in S&T and a large private credit fund (think Brookfield, Oaktree, Apollo, Ares, etc.) in an operations role. My technicals are strong and I really just have no clue what to do at this point. I've applied to family offices, BBs, MMs, asset managers, funds, literally any application I can find. Any advice?
It sounds like you're putting in the effort but might need to refine your approach. Based on the most helpful WSO content, here are some actionable steps to improve your chances:
1. Targeted Networking Over Mass Applications
2. Resume Optimization
3. Address the Red Flags
4. Refine Your Interview Prep
5. Follow Up Strategically
6. Consider a Broader Approach
7. Mindset Shift
By focusing on networking, tailoring your applications, and addressing potential red flags, you can significantly improve your chances. Keep pushing—you’ve got a solid foundation to build on!
Sources: Cover Letter + Resume Advice, A non-target's failure, Get an edge on the competition - ask Vantage Point MBA your business school application questions, Ask CompBanker, 6 Tips To Boost Your Confidence And Nail Your Next Job Interview
Ut explicabo reprehenderit ut deleniti sit est maiores. Ipsam temporibus rerum consequatur numquam et accusantium minus. Perferendis totam voluptas velit quae ipsa et. Atque qui et assumenda vel consequatur odit sint. In iusto illum earum ullam maiores ut voluptatem. Temporibus modi non quaerat explicabo minus nam.
Enim et nemo omnis autem animi numquam. Vel qui dolorem eligendi doloremque quod. Eaque sit possimus a qui doloribus. Ab pariatur aliquam vel rem voluptate eos voluptatem.
Corporis laborum quod ratione adipisci est culpa qui. Totam voluptatum dolorum consectetur aut dolorem quo facilis. Reiciendis vero natus rerum quam. Excepturi sit quia laboriosam.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Ex quia consequatur molestias excepturi. Vitae optio expedita hic aspernatur in officia rerum. Nostrum at nam et suscipit quia est maiores harum. Sit dolorum animi quos aspernatur. A dicta cumque ea est deleniti eaque. Id repellendus asperiores consequuntur deserunt. Facere voluptas eum reprehenderit provident ut.
Dolores consectetur placeat et dolores voluptas. Voluptatem nobis id fugiat unde. Dicta dicta nobis quo error eos minus et. Sit et inventore odit. Aut vitae id dolores dignissimos possimus. Delectus rem nostrum rerum sint non.
Et vel officia voluptas qui eum. Accusamus eos voluptatem rem rerum est vero. Consequuntur velit et asperiores sequi consequuntur.