Does Submitting SA 2025 Apps Late Put You At a Disadvantage?

With SA 2025 apps starting to open, I was wondering if submitting applications early puts you at an advantage, and if submitting later (waiting a few weeks or months after they open to submit) puts you at a disadvantage. 

I feel like I have heard so many mixed things on this. Some people say that if you do not submit within 48 hours of the application opening you are fked, some say that you should never submit an app before you are fully interview ready, and some say that you should not submit an app until you have networked with a few people at the bank. 

So when is the right time to submit?? Is it better to submit early before having talked with analysts at the bank or to wait until you have networked and fully prepped for interviews? And how important is it ACTUALLY to submit applications right when they open?? 

depends whether its rolling basis or not, if not wait until you network and get referrals to submit

if its rolling basis you still don't need to submit right when it opens, since they're not going to start reading resumes and sending first rounds a week or two after apps drop

Based on the most helpful WSO content, timing can be quite critical when it comes to Summer Analyst applications. Here's a breakdown of the factors to consider:

• Early Submission: Many firms review applications on a rolling basis. This means that the earlier you submit your application, the sooner it can be reviewed, and potentially, the sooner you can be invited for interviews. Submitting early can be particularly advantageous if the firm has a high volume of applicants and limited interview slots.

• Interview Readiness: While submitting early is generally good, it's also important to ensure you're ready for the interview process. If you need more time to prepare to make a strong impression, it might be worth waiting a bit before submitting.

• Networking: Networking can significantly enhance your application. If you have the opportunity to connect with professionals at the bank, it can provide insights into the firm's culture and the role, which can be beneficial for your application and interviews. However, this should be balanced with the timing of the application submission.

• Application Quality: Ensure your application is polished and error-free. Rushing to submit within 48 hours at the expense of quality is not advisable.

In summary, while there is no one-size-fits-all answer, the right time to submit is when you have a strong application ready, ideally earlier in the process, and after some networking if possible. However, don't wait too long as you might miss out on the opportunity if the slots fill up quickly. It's a balancing act between being early, being prepared, and having made some networking inroads.

Sources: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/job-search/when-to-start-applying-for-2021-sa-sophomore?customgpt=1, SA Application Timeline, Stifel 2021 SA, 2023 SA Recruiting Timeline, Am I too late or too early to apply for Sophomore SA 2023?

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Minus voluptatum ducimus ipsam voluptatem nam facilis non aliquid. Ut consequatur labore possimus beatae. Consequatur labore qui ut libero. Aut dicta quas corrupti minima iusto reiciendis.

Quae qui ullam illum temporibus excepturi ex debitis. Iste facilis et quae sit. Consectetur omnis et ut veniam molestiae ut velit. Harum iste consequatur corporis asperiores.

Aspernatur dolore sunt omnis ut ut ut. Iusto at inventore iste adipisci praesentium deserunt corporis delectus. Quis nisi quidem dolor et. Qui aut officia dolores.

Repellat aut commodi provident est voluptatem. Voluptatem quia dolores quas minus voluptas. Voluptas aut eum itaque cum id iusto. Ab ut ut est rerum molestiae. Repellat molestiae eos dolor aut illum est. In illum nihil corrupti placeat voluptas voluptas fugit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”