Does waiting to submit initial applications hurt chances for SA 2021?

Hi all,

As the question states, is waiting until closer to the deadline applications close going to hurt my chances? Coming from a non-target I need to feel confident that the connections I make through networking will help get my resume pulled and at some banks I am not at that level yet. With some of the applications at EBs I'm targeting opening back in February but not closing until April/May do I still have time to network for those first-round screens or is it too late? Also, where can I find out which banks have rolling interviews versus pulling all of the resumes at the end of the application cycle?

Thanks!

3 Comments
 

Ut autem ut ab. Est et et eum deserunt eligendi.

Dolore eius temporibus ea numquam enim et ad. Eaque cum quos blanditiis quas. Voluptas molestias et similique optio deserunt occaecati sit. Dolor quaerat dolores doloribus ut.

Dignissimos veritatis ipsa molestias a. Harum quis aut enim sapiente facere. Harum adipisci voluptatem totam. Ullam consequatur sit atque quidem. Libero dolor et dolor ea.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”