Most Helpful

This is a big yikes, but thanks for pointing this out.

As a Stanford alum who recruited into "finance" late (as in didn't secure a SA offer until July of my sophomore summer with no previous finance experience), you need to chill the fuck out OP, seriously. If you have > 3.0 you're fine for recruitment, if you can't hack that then you need to change your major. People who can't do CS but still want a "tech-y" experience study STS, or Symbolic Systems, however from the looks of it - you need to do some real soul searching to find out what you even want to do / study. Please know you can study literally whatever you want (even seen a Communications grad) and still land top EB/BB SA and FT opportunities because you go to Stanford. You have this privilege got damn it OP you better use it so you can actually enjoy your college years. Just have some finance related student activities for the behavioral s and you're alright. You have time. Slow down and breathe before you have an early onset aneurysm due to your anxiety. In your case I'd be more worried about you coming off like a spastic, insecure, try hard in interview than your competence since the job is very teachable. EQ is important and based off your post history, you seem like the type to crack under pressure in a tough interview which is an equally easy way to miss out on an offer.

My advice is to not just recruit for prestige, but rather fit and experience.

Nam nulla impedit et mollitia ex amet id. Dolorum ut sint reprehenderit odio molestiae et. Quia aspernatur ut odio doloremque dolor provident. Voluptas ut mollitia natus voluptate molestiae et vitae. Aliquid corrupti tenetur tempora laudantium qui incidunt est. Aperiam earum eos est quam et et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”