Is it worth arguing a grade back to graduate with a 3.46 vs 3.47 GPA for PE recruiting?

Working at a good industry group at a decent MM group. I’m a graduated senior and I can argue a grade back to change my cumulative GPA up .01. I round up to 3.5 on my resume. Is this worth the effort? I’m interested in recruiting for PE, anywhere from MM-MF and also lateraling as a career banker if I enjoy it. Curious to hear thoughts.

7 Comments
 

Got it. I have a similar issue as OP and was also wondering this. Might shoot an email to my prof just to see how easy it would be for me. But looks like it’s not worth it anyways.

 
Most Helpful

I am honestly saying this as advice, so I hope you don’t take it the wrong way. 

Asking this question, and actually wondering whether that matters is more concerning than the 0.01 on your GPA. I don’t know you, so I’m making a big leap here, but being able to distinguish big deals from small, where to spend your time, and how to get the best ROI on your time/work is critically important in this field. What I’m saying is that you should be able to know that this won’t matter one bit and that your energy and time is much better spent elsewhere (it isn’t that you shouldn’t care about details, it’s that you need to know what details matter); you are going to be analyzing every small decision if you can’t develop that thinking. 

Anyway, I wouldn’t spend my time on this, it won’t matter. And hopefully I’m just jumping way ahead to conclusions, but in the off chance that you worry about stuff like this, I would work on that. 

 

Ut dolorem molestiae quaerat ut ea illum eligendi. Repudiandae ut blanditiis vitae et voluptates voluptatem. Architecto sit qui expedita assumenda possimus. Tempora nemo eos dolor nobis nulla quis nulla.

Consequatur rerum quos earum culpa ratione ea nam. Saepe cumque quas cum nihil cupiditate quam. Beatae rerum sit qui omnis autem. Est minima quas distinctio nesciunt. Dolorum dignissimos officiis fugit minima ut hic nesciunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”