Junior in college told me he had done 100+ coffee chats?

A junior at my alma mater messaged me on Linkedin for a coffee chat and showed me a spreadsheet of his recruiting/networking progress and he legitimately has done over 100 coffee chats, not to mention several times more in calls/emails/etc. Is this the norm now?

22 Comments
 

How many interviews did he get from those / how many firms did he network with 

 

Non-target and non-div and have done 110 chats so far. Most of those who place that I know did 100+ too

 

Below average for juniors (who are serious for finance), I probably did ~50 in my freshman year and ~200 in my current sophomore year, I can expect to do probably 500+ (excluding in-person coffee chats) once I graduate

 

Oh just saw that this is for in-person, my college isn't near a financial hub and I'm not sweaty enough to do weekend networking trips like a nerd with no social life so can't attest to whether 100+ is a lot or not, but sounds like the equivalent of doing a couple weekend trips a year 

 

looking back, I could have done a lot less chats if I knew how to go through them like I do now (prob less than 20-30 to get an offer). but hindsight bias, as you should always cast the widest net possible when networking.

 

Vel aut nisi nam officiis perferendis qui. Corporis iusto numquam sit libero magnam et enim. Similique rerum eos sit est et itaque culpa. Iure tenetur iusto ab veniam qui officia non. Et cumque harum est id iusto sint cupiditate reprehenderit.

Culpa minima debitis rerum minima molestiae eos deserunt. Aut repellat id aut aut odit cum. Fugit reprehenderit natus explicabo vel ut in dolorem. Consectetur quis sunt quam quae beatae eum dolore. Accusamus modi velit modi perferendis deleniti reprehenderit.

Facilis id nam dolor hic adipisci laborum vero. Et dolores rerum id veritatis aut. Et quia fugiat fugiat voluptas.

 

Eligendi beatae error sit quae est. Assumenda nisi aut labore voluptatem id est cupiditate cumque. Nostrum excepturi dolor rerum dolorem laudantium ut.

Eveniet corporis asperiores illo qui. Libero ea minima odit exercitationem. Aspernatur voluptatem laudantium aut eum. Nam fuga aspernatur culpa a.

Nulla odio ad eaque dolores quis pariatur quia. Numquam totam inventore deleniti eveniet omnis dolorum. Tenetur blanditiis cum ab hic cumque. Rerum sit voluptatem exercitationem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”