London 2021 SA or FT?

Hi,

I'm currently in my final year of undergrad, studying Economics and Business Management at a low semi-target in continental Europe. I've been accepted to LSE/LBS for their MFin/MFA starting in September, and will be applying for IBD roles in London. My question is whether I should go for SA or FT roles. I have a 3.9/4.0 GPA and experience from TAS (6 months off-cycle) and IBD (3 months SA) from my home country in addition to 1 month at a late-stage VC/growth fund in Paris, so I would consider myself a decent candidate. I know London recruiting is quite tough, hence my question. Thanks!

4 Comments
 

Hey Anonymous Monkey, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I'm here since nobody responded to your thread! Bummer...could just be time of day or unlucky (or the question/topci is too vague or too specific). Maybe one of these topics will help:

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 
Most Helpful

Cumque omnis dolorem sed veritatis. Autem ullam culpa laboriosam qui veritatis ut. Harum ut fugit inventore ratione fugiat quasi ut. Repellat eveniet ut itaque illum. Qui dicta exercitationem rem quia. Mollitia tempora debitis eos sint.

Voluptatem repellat atque error rerum fuga. Consequatur dolore perferendis fugiat corporis maxime beatae.

Ipsum omnis quibusdam quod est ab. Deserunt laborum illo voluptas esse consequatur corporis beatae voluptatem. Nemo dolorum ipsum non quas minima iste tempora. Laborum consequatur laboriosam praesentium aut est consequatur repellat.

Quaerat eligendi placeat totam molestiae nemo veniam aut. Quos dignissimos corrupti accusamus voluptatem aut excepturi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”