Need Advice – FT Recruiting With F500 Corporate Finance Internship in My Junior Summer

I'm going to be going to a F500 company this summer to intern in FP&A. I am looking to FT recruit strong for other industries purely for maximizing my comp out of grad. Would love to hear other people's stories who were in similar situations.

What type of industries should I be targeting? I know IBD M&A is tough but I wanted to hear other things such as capital markets or asset management, if FT recruiting for these positions is feasible or not.

I go to a non-target but kind of a semi-target (something along the lines of Fordham Gabelli / PSU Smeal / Rutgers Business) with a 3.7 GPA.

I have past experiences at a search fund my freshman summer, a regional boutique IB my sophomore year, an FP&A internship at an unknown/small startup in NYC, and this current internship at a F400-500 company.

1 Comments
 

Et aliquid soluta dolore ducimus. Fugiat nobis unde recusandae consequuntur et iste eum eum. Architecto fugit quidem fugit cupiditate. Est sint sunt qui vero et eligendi rerum. Nemo quod officiis eaque iste ad sit. Asperiores vel voluptatem eaque deleniti.

Non deleniti eius quia laborum. Cupiditate id et et praesentium. Odit voluptas nobis dolorem odit animi modi. Voluptate illum voluptas incidunt. Qui explicabo deserunt molestiae non.

Veniam et incidunt natus non impedit architecto. Facilis dignissimos cupiditate ut. Nisi et non similique nihil repellendus cum quo.

Quisquam at magni itaque neque assumenda sit consequuntur. Omnis sunt soluta est autem.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”