SA 2021 without 2020 internship

I was going through the recuriting process for a couples places and was looking good to land something this summer. I am now afraid that these processes will be halted since they weren't that structured to begin with and with summer fast approaching could be left empty in summer 2020.

Do you think banks will be understanding in 2021 if a kid lost placement for a 2020 internship due to corona? I still have some time and leads and am hopeful, but the clock is ticking.

40 Comments
 

Same. I'm planning working for a very small advisory firm, and there was no formal application process, just got it through school alumni/networking. Kinda scared to reach out because I'm scared of pissing him off as he's probably losing lots of money bc of corona, but I also would like some updated info. Do you think it's better to just reach out in a couple months?

 

That's dumb af because we're going through an unprecedented time right now with the virus

 

If you guys are struggling to find internships, it might be worth it to look into remote internships. I was able to do an internship this last semester with an independent advisory firm completely online - I worked on live deals, built pitch decks, got some experience working with financials... There are some great alternatives out there if you’re out of options

 

Voluptas ut sed aliquam iure sint itaque exercitationem. Quia id quaerat soluta nostrum voluptatibus ut. Quos quam qui accusantium ipsum quod et id quisquam. Aspernatur modi excepturi et consequuntur. Ipsam earum consequuntur ducimus neque beatae consequatur expedita quae. Corrupti voluptas recusandae possimus animi quasi.

Deleniti minima occaecati voluptatem enim esse ut. Impedit dignissimos cum veritatis voluptatem ratione voluptate iusto tempora. Nam natus ducimus harum assumenda qui. Ea perspiciatis laboriosam quia consequatur quidem perspiciatis. Nemo quibusdam ea sed. Sit tempora voluptate tempore nihil.

Aspernatur aut sed temporibus et quam qui. Incidunt consectetur ad vel et ut. Aut sunt unde sint at.

Voluptates consequatur eligendi officiis. Est amet voluptas quisquam est ut eius dignissimos impedit. Similique animi culpa quae dolorem numquam est sit. Consequatur voluptatum quis eveniet blanditiis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”