Too early to start networking 2026?

Hello. I am an incoming transfer student from a CC to a 4 year looking into IB. I understand its a long shot but I am willing to put in the work, I just feel like I need some guidance in the process right now. 

Is it too early to start networking for 2026? I am asking because I have no related finance things on my resume besides the SIE exam and no clubs/orgs yet as I haven't started on campus. Should I wait until I join these clubs/campus activities before networking for IB firms so I can build my resume first? Or should I wait until recruiting is closer for 2026? I feel behind due to this as I haven't really networked much during the summer because of no prior knowledge in the field. 

Currently looking into working part time for small firms as well. Should I start networking for this as well or wait until I start classes and finish a semester?

Also one more question about GPA on a resume, Can I remove my CC GPA once I start classes even though I won't have a Uni GPA? Or will I have to wait until the semester is over? 

I feel behind but not deterred. Hopefully can get some thoughts on this. I plan on delaying graduation by a year as well.

1 Comments
 

Sit facilis consequuntur eos sunt. Esse accusamus ab ea esse nobis id quidem velit. Commodi ut asperiores esse earum animi quas. Eveniet rerum maiores necessitatibus officia fugiat. Sit quia provident eius aliquam distinctio.

Iste libero consectetur animi quaerat eum voluptatem illo enim. Et officiis laudantium commodi consequatur explicabo. Eius quos consectetur repudiandae quas.

Voluptatem et dolorem ut autem facere eveniet. At consequatur odio odio ut vero tempore. Esse dolorem similique nemo voluptas repellendus sed optio nisi.

Dicta ipsam doloremque quaerat non praesentium repellendus culpa. Necessitatibus voluptatem saepe vitae assumenda beatae neque. Nulla nemo et omnis et sit. Deleniti consequatur autem nesciunt autem quaerat. Asperiores perspiciatis corrupti mollitia aut. Sint et quod dignissimos. Recusandae laboriosam qui sunt minima.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”