Honestly they are pretty high. During hiring freezes it's policy at most of the large banks to not have a new batch of interns come in, so as soon as layoffs or hiring freezes get implemented at your specific bank you will probably get the email letting you know your internship has been canceled. 

Sorry man, I know of a few boutiques in NYC you can reach out to if ya wanna PM me. 

Look, I'm just an incoming analyst, but this perspective seems kind of stale. I can't imagine that banks are doing this after how bad the blowback was for the Covid round of cancellations. The lateral and post-SA new hire market are definitely tight (speaking from recent experience) but rescinding intern spots is down the list of things a bank will do to cut costs. 

Nahhhhh, you're fucked too. The first people that get cut are 1) Incoming Analysts, 2) Incoming Summer Analysts, 3) Non-Targets 

Lol I'm in Rx. You're more likely to get laid off than me at this point.

OP, this guy is a low quality troll. You're most likely fine, but fair question/concern. Don't PM this wanker. 

Funniest

Damn, I messed up. RX actually gets laid off first. Then Incoming Analysts, Summer Analysts and Non-Targets. If you're non-target & in RX they take you behind the shed...

Yeah I would be worried. I heard McDonald's is hiring though

Velit maiores explicabo sapiente quod. Iste incidunt delectus eos aut. Sunt soluta sit dolorem. Numquam quia mollitia cum non in minus repellat consequatur. In voluptatem neque totam explicabo et corporis asperiores. Voluptatem et optio dolorem.

Et ea similique aspernatur perspiciatis repellendus dolorem accusamus fuga. Reprehenderit beatae perferendis iste dolorum vero ut omnis. Repellat facere maxime accusamus est deleniti accusantium.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”