Hooked on LEAPS:
Have you considered not putting your SAT scores on your resume?

Its not about hiding it, its my only avenue for differentiation bro. Okay GPA from bumfuck college in a rural area with dining services work experience doesn't help you stand out.

tkid3400:
Hooked on LEAPS:
Have you considered not putting your SAT scores on your resume?

Its not about hiding it, its my only avenue for differentiation bro. Okay GPA from bumfuck college in a rural area with dining services work experience doesn't help you stand out.

I'm also taking useless gen eds this semester so I have time to study up. I just have no idea how to approach it at all and need tips. It might also be good practice in getting used to doing well on standardized exams when I go after the GMAT next semester and CFA next year. Strong scores in all 3 might nudge firms into giving me a second look.

Best Response

i used to teach the SAT...

grammar you can get a 770 if you study all the rules and learn the essay structure (get a good teacher), it's not necesarily about good writing it's about how you fit into what they're looking for. they don't spend more than 2 minutes on each essay so following the specific structure is key.
if your solid at math no reason you can't get a 770 on this as well, again learn the rules. a good teacher will teach you tricks you won't learn in books

reading is nearly impossible to get a perfect score because of the ambiguity of some of the questions (it is impossible to tell between 2 answers sometimes), but learn how order of difficulty works, learn when to skip a question, learn how to process large chunks of the passages quickly to get the big idea, reread the first and last sentences of each paragraph, know which questions you're good at and not good at answering. this leaves room to get a 740... which is doable if you spend enough time studying this section. crank out the flashcards (buy a book that already has them made) and read as many passages as you can. give yourself ~8+ weeks of prep time if possible.

WSO Content & Social Media. Follow us: Linkedin, IG, Facebook, Twitter.

This is a colossal waste of time and effort for you. You could spend all those hours you're pouring into a test for 17 year olds that most people wouldn't bother listing on a resume networking with people who will actually make hiring decisions.

What about if your score out of 1600 is impressive but not out of 2400? I got a 780 math 730 verbal so 1510/1600 but got a 600 on the writing to make it a 2110/2400. I currently list it on my resume as:

SAT: 780 Math 730 Verbal

Any suggestions?

Raptor.45:
What about if your score out of 1600 is impressive but not out of 2400? I got a 780 math 730 verbal so 1510/1600 but got a 600 on the writing to make it a 2110/2400. I currently list it on my resume as:

SAT: 780 Math 730 Verbal

Any suggestions?

That just begs the question: What did you get on writing? You're kinda calling attention to it by listing some, but not all.

Don't think 2110 is terrible, but it's not particularly impressive, so I wouldn't list anything.

get multiple SAT prep books, preferably those with a lot of sample tests. go through them under simulated test conditions. review all the answers, esp. the ones you got wrong

you don't need prep classes

Deleniti magnam dolorum consequatur et quod eum. Nam exercitationem et deleniti beatae blanditiis est voluptatem. Rerum quaerat ipsum earum impedit et est culpa iusto. Cumque pariatur voluptatem et porro et suscipit. Unde omnis laudantium qui omnis odio qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”