We will meet again in 2016
Post in this thread and I will bump it on 1/1/2016 in time for the WSO 10 year anniversary.
Will you still be on these forums? Will you be finally working in finance? Will you finally be done with finance? Will you realize some of your life goals? Will the world end in 4 months making this thread moot? Will Game of Thrones still be the best show on TV? Will a second term Obama force you to leave the country? We will find out 4 years down the road.
As for me hopefully by 2016 I'm still around to bump this thread.
First!
I'll be showering every morning in buy-side fairy dust and have my chirstmas stocking stuffed with Linkedin (long-ish) stalked emails from little college monkeys begging for internships. My facebook page will be featured on "best of the 2000s" MTV show. Zuckerberg will be wondering how Jesse Eisenberg has more money than him. He'll be the first one Bill Gates lets out of the giving pledge and force him to sign the earning pledge for his creditors.
Till then...
hope to move up in current job!
Here's hoping that in 2016 my job title starts with a "C" and I'm still richer than my lawyers.
Here's hoping I'm still honest with myself.
Here's hoping that I'm with the people I love.
On my private aircraft carrier.
Here's hoping I'm finally happy.
Here's to hoping that I haven't gone off the deep end yet. Oh, and that I'm kicking ass and taking names in b-school.
Here's to hopping I'm applying to Top B-Schools after dominating a rotational somewhere.
It's unlikely I'll be in this industry at that point
Love the concept--although it could be quite scary haha. lets do it!
all of your questions are fine except for the one about game of thrones. of course it will still be the best show on tv-dont be ridiculous.
Here's to finally achieving my post-graduate dream and applying to B-schools....
See you in 2016.
Here's to $1mm in the bank. Don't disappoint me bro.
Here's to me looking at this thread and smiling, absolutely proud and content with everything i've achieved and full of hope for the future.
Here's to being on the buyside...or bschool.
Hopefully in ER, waiting to make my transition to a HF. Skipping any thoughts about b-school because I'm such a rock star.
I just hope I'm still alive then.
Director status.
I'm with you. BSD...get it!
I'm off to Brazil to work on a start up so we shall see what route I take between here and there
got offer to live in beautiful land of beautiful women, no kids no wife no gf never lived outside the country. jumped it.
plus 'international entreprenerial experience' has a certain b school adcom 33333333 ring to it lol
Don't slay too much strange down there ...
Here's to solving the problems you can't plan for.
If I'm checking this site daily in 4 years, then..... fuck.
here's to acquiring some self respect.
Will you still be on these forums? - Yes
Will you be finally working in finance? - Hopefully done with a 3 year stint with a GSE, onward to MA or Ph.D in Statistics with focus in Probaility
Will you finally be done with finance? - Possibly!
Will you realize some of your life goals? - Yes, illiniprogramer lvl of thriftiness and bank acct(high yield)
Will the world end in 4 months making this thread moot? - No, haven't you ever seen the Documenta Ancient Aliens, it's just Poseidon using his trident to clean the beaches
Will Game of Thrones still be the best show on TV? - No, because hopefully the director of Spartacus will make a new series of something preferabley of Achilies.
Will a second term Obama force you to leave the country? No, would like to study at LSE though
Will Patrick still own this website? - No.
Will Wallstreet have gone though another crisis - Yes
Game of thrones? Come on man, I'm a huge george rr martin fan but breaking bad is WAY better.
no bones is a boring show that fat ass house wives watch
THIS IS THE OFFICAL THEME SONG OF THIS THREAD AND WHAT I HAVE ON MY IPOD SAVING FOR WHEN THIS THREAD IS BUMPED
dictator status
I'm betting that the world is going to end on December 21, 2012. If that doesn't happen, Christmas is gonna be awkward in the Braverman house.
Go Mayans!
I hope I stop making predictions by 2016.
unless the start up takes off (which it very well may, has some good traction already) i'll probably re-app for the next year but we'll see.
and sure are you going to buy the coupe off me haha
Hopefully have some published work under my belt, planning my marriage and plotting my way to VP.
2016... there will be radical changes, and I will probably network/entertain plp all the time and no question I have can be answered here.
Overconfidence? Quite the opposite... I will be on Mars/Moon/Mercury, anybody on earth can tell me where I can find water?
That's my 2016.
Here's to everyone I love still being alive and well, and happy.
By 2016 I'd like to have received a promotion or two in my current job and look to start grad school. More importantly, I'd like myself, family, and friends to still have happy and fulfilling lives.
“Yes, money has been a little tight lately. But, at the end of my life, when I’m sitting on my yacht, am I gonna be thinking about how much money I have? No. I’m going to be thinking about how many friends I have, and my children, and my comedy albums. I mean, I have a yacht, so I obviously did pretty well money-wise.” - Michael Scott
By 2016 I want enough passive income to survive on my standard "bare minimum" (inflation adjusted 15k/year post tax). If I'm still sitting in a cube, upon reading this I have to quit my job.
2016? Bro, the world ends in December.
So if this world doesn't end this december, what's the ratio like between the people who celebrate and the people who cry?
4 years from now I hope to be starting Bschool.
Plans never work out. But here it goes anyway.
In 4 years I will be a USN Surface Warfare Officer aboard a Destroyer or a Cruiser.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan school of Management Masters in Business Administration candidate
Here's to being halfway through my 2 year IB stint and starting to interview for PE!
Cheers to four more years
Here's to trying to get into IB or at least a stable job industry.
As long as I'm consistently getting laid, global warming doesn't send the price of beer and steak too high, and there is finally a college football playoff I will be a pretty happy guy in 2016.
I'll still be a medical resident. But hope my own algo fund is doing good and have 2 streams of passive income by then.
Blanditiis non ut et et maiores maxime. Dolorem dolorem illum nam inventore molestias quaerat. Vero facilis natus temporibus fuga libero itaque natus.
Modi vel facilis delectus aperiam consectetur. Suscipit et autem non sed architecto commodi et. Quia similique quod occaecati corrupti dicta vel et. Dolores odit aut omnis repellat iusto.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Cupiditate quia debitis deserunt repellendus quam et. Illo voluptate ipsum ullam similique. Non sint incidunt animi facilis pariatur architecto. Nemo repellat laborum eligendi est ut quod. Qui ut non hic ipsum modi sed.
Incidunt ab repellat iusto non quibusdam magnam voluptatem. Eligendi perferendis non asperiores et asperiores fugiat praesentium. Nihil qui molestiae nulla magnam quo modi quibusdam. Eos dignissimos esse impedit amet.
Sunt vel qui sapiente hic voluptatem. Porro est facilis laborum aut quia quis consectetur.
Debitis natus corrupti et nihil quas. Minus porro vel optio aut necessitatibus et.
Voluptas corporis sed enim. Quia hic eos quam sunt.
Quasi tempora voluptas aperiam ducimus nisi non et dolore. Aliquam reprehenderit veritatis nihil qui quia quia repellendus. Minima voluptatum tempora sint. Voluptates magnam aut repudiandae. Reprehenderit praesentium eveniet facere.