WSO Hits 150,000 Members!

WSO - we have some great news to announce.... earlier today WSO officially hit 150k members!

This is BIG news as our growth has really been accelerating over the last year - we hit 90k members on 7/10/12, and 100k members on 10/9/12 ("WSO Hits 100k Members")

Our goal to hit 200k members by the end of the year is now clearly in site :) - let's hope we have that announcement to come sometime this December!

THANK YOU to all who have registered and made WSO what it is today!

To celebrate this exciting milestone, we'd like to offer some discounts for all of you:

1) $20 off any resume reviews or cover letter reviews until July 5th - (to first 5 people who write e-mail to [email protected] with "$20 Off, 150k Members" in subject to get special invoice - first 5 invoices to clear get the special price).
2) Free 3-Month Job Board Access to Certified Users (e-mail [email protected] w/ your username and "150k Job Board Special" to request access)

Some #'s for reference

• 2/23/06: First post on WSO and the official beginning of the site
  • 10/18/10: WSO Reaches 40,000 Registered Members
  • 2/15/11: 50,000 members
  • 2/2/12: 80,000 members
  • 7/10/12: 90,000 members
  • 10/09/12: 100,000 members
  • 6/26/13: 150,000 members

Learn more about the history of WSO:

Thanks again to all of the members that have made WSO such a valuable resource.

Stay Strong,
Patrick & Andy

Comments (19)

Jun 26, 2013 - 6:45pm
JBanksohn, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Congrats. Well deserved accomplishment for the WSO team and community!!!

Authored by: Certified Corporate Development Professional - Director
Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jun 26, 2013 - 7:05pm
BlackHat, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Which by my math equates to a million lurkers.

Congrats guys.

I hate victims who respect their executioners
Best Response
Jun 26, 2013 - 7:47pm
WallStreetOasis.com, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Thanks! and we're not done yet with cleaning the header.

We are going to remove the white nav bar along the top and in its place have 2 icons. One will be a bell for notifications when you have a new PM, for example, and the other will a monkey-head icon that will represent your profile info. If you hover, it will display everything you see now, or if you click on it, will take you to your profile.

Once white nav bar is removed, header will be super clean. Then, we will make it so it disappears when you scroll down, but as soon as you start scrolling up, it reappears at top of browser.

There are still a lot of other cool jquery features we're going to add in the coming weeks (including having the "In Reply to" tabs slide open if you click on them so reveal what comment the person is replying to), so thanks for your patience...and the communities kick in the butt to improve the UI.

-Patrick

Jun 26, 2013 - 9:38pm
Kassad, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Really glad that some of the things mentioned in the improvements thread from a while back were considered.

I look forward to giving back in the future, since WSO has really been an invaluable resource.

in it 2 win it
Jun 26, 2013 - 8:50pm
OkComputer, what's your opinion? Comment below:

You didn't build that!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." --Abraham Lincoln
Jun 27, 2013 - 10:19am
WallStreetOasis.com, what's your opinion? Comment below:
peinvestor2012:

Andy or Patrick, any idea how many users are "active" within the past 6 months?

That's a great question and kind of depends on how you define "active" -plus it's hard for me to give a definitive answer since our internal stats pages that try to measure this seem off (working to get that fixed asap)

That being said, if you clean the DB for inactive accounts (meaning ones that never logged in after registering), we are closer to ~120,000 (and we routinely clean those, on a 3 month trailing basis, if a new user hasn't logged in they are removed). So of those 120,000, I'd say a high % of them have at least logged in (ie were "active" at some point).

What I do see is that since January of this year there has been a rapid runup in # of users logged into the site. On average it's gone from ~100 (with peaks of 200) at any given time for most of 2012 to an average of ~200 (with peaks of 400) currently.

Jun 27, 2013 - 11:12am
D M, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Congrats guys, great to hear!

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee
Jun 27, 2013 - 1:02pm
Bullet-Tooth Tony, what's your opinion? Comment below:
WallStreetOasis.com:
peinvestor2012:

Andy or Patrick, any idea how many users are "active" within the past 6 months?

That's a great question and kind of depends on how you define "active" -plus it's hard for me to give a definitive answer since our internal stats pages that try to measure this seem off (working to get that fixed asap)

That being said, if you clean the DB for inactive accounts (meaning ones that never logged in after registering), we are closer to ~120,000 (and we routinely clean those, on a 3 month trailing basis, if a new user hasn't logged in they are removed). So of those 120,000, I'd say a high % of them have at least logged in (ie were "active" at some point).

What I do see is that since January of this year there has been a rapid runup in # of users logged into the site. On average it's gone from ~100 (with peaks of 200) at any given time for most of 2012 to an average of ~200 (with peaks of 400) currently.

Good stuff! Keep it going guys.

Jun 27, 2013 - 9:03pm
In The Flesh, what's your opinion? Comment below:

YES!

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com
Jun 28, 2013 - 8:53am
krauser, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Aliquam fuga sit consectetur ut fugit fuga. Quaerat non facilis nihil est itaque sunt et iste. Accusamus dolores temporibus voluptas enim molestiae laudantium voluptatibus sed.

Et et est voluptatibus nobis enim. Et nam dolores iure alias et nam sunt. Officiis ipsa ad rerum officiis. Modi architecto nihil itaque ut et. Harum inventore autem illum molestias. Repellat aut ad incidunt recusandae officiis corporis. Quasi pariatur ut quasi sed voluptate culpa consequatur adipisci.

Quis quaerat eaque iste accusantium recusandae laborum dolores. Quibusdam itaque amet perferendis exercitationem eveniet. Nisi distinctio velit est quia illo culpa voluptate. Perspiciatis labore excepturi est eos minus.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

August 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲05) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • RBC Capital Markets (▲09) 98.8%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲03) 98.4%
  • Macquarie Group Limited ABN (+ +) 98.0%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

August 2022 Investment Banking

• Lincoln International (▲06) 99.6%
  • Jefferies & Company (▲11) 99.2%