Can't wait to leave banking and go to PE where the grass 100% has to be greener

There's absolutely no way the grass in PE isn't greener. Zero chance it isn't. I've been working 7 days a week for the past month, 95+ hours. Have had to work on holidays too when the market was closed!! No way the grass in PE isn't greener. It just has to be better on the other side. At least for my current situation. I doubt even think Apollo is this bad.

Comments (14)

3d
DevGru23, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Your hours/lifestyle will likely improve, but I've found PE to be a lot more stressful. Lot more responsibility and less oversight. Your mistakes can have actual major negative impacts. Regardless of what your banking associates will say, most of your banking mistakes will be of little consequence.

Array
  • Associate 1 in PE - LBOs
3d

The job itself is inherently much more interesting than banking. If you have at least some remote interest / curiosity in investing and having exposure to operations, you'll find the work itself is much more thoughtful, meaningful and impactful too - all things equal, if the WLB is the same (buyside is usually better though), but the work is more interesting, you're still better off too. Banking sucks - there's a reason very very few people regret moving from IB to PE

Most Helpful
  • Associate 3 in IB-M&A
2d

Veritatis sit quis repellendus eum. Molestiae amet quo aut maiores. In ut dolore accusamus omnis voluptates ullam consequatur.

Saepe sed asperiores nostrum iure. Ipsa eveniet fugit ut qui beatae corporis deserunt recusandae.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

December 2022 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.9%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.8%
  • Bain Capital 97.3%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

December 2022 Private Equity

• Ardian 99.5%
  • The Riverside Company 98.9%