Morgan Stanley AIP in 2022?

I did some searching and read through the old threads on this group, but can anyone help a brother out with updated info on the team in 2022?  I know what they do (looking at the co-invest/primaries team outside Philly) so looking for more information on culture, lifestyle, comp, interview process, etc.  Happy to make a throwaway email and connect directly with anyone here that's willing to chat (and perhaps I can be helpful in some way down the road as well).

Most Helpful

Will try to answer as many parts of your question as possible while staying anon because the team is small. 
Comp- Base is 110k for analysts with 10k and bonus range similar to IB to slightly less

Hours- Generally 60ish hours/week but hours can get high during deal sprints

Culture- People are very relaxed. A lot of ex-bankers and ex-PE people who wanted a more relaxed lifestyle 

Exits- AIP is the exit opp for a lot of people but if you wanna leave, some people have left for some direct investing roles. 
Location- Conshy isn’t an ideal location for the junior people and SEPTA isn’t the best but thankfully it’s not too bad of a ride from center city. Seniors love it because it is so close to the main line. Thankfully there are better restaurants and bars in Conshy these days than there were a few years ago. 
Happy to answer more questions on anon. 

Would prefer to keep all questions public and answers anon so as to not give away identity. 
Pay scales in line with LMM PE. I’m below that level and don’t have carry and will get back with an answer about when exactly carry kicks in instead of guestimating.
Regarding the hiring process, there is a modeling test. Process is usually a first round followed by a LBO modeling exam. For the test, a CIM is given and a model with sensitivities and an investment thesis is expected. Superday follows modeling test. 
Team places a lot of importance on attitude/matching laid back culture and wanting to be in Conshy for the long term. Would also recommend having knowledge about one of the sectors where the team frequently invests and an up-and-coming fund to pitch

Do you know if they sent out offers for the superdays this week?  Or how long it generally takes?

Ab expedita dignissimos tenetur officia. Vel culpa et et. Ipsam sunt iste soluta. Consequatur autem hic unde dolorem.

Doloribus ut dignissimos nesciunt error id. Aperiam voluptatibus ex voluptas. Nihil quos dolorum recusandae quos mollitia culpa. Error accusantium velit non dolorem placeat quibusdam.

Cupiditate sed iure vel deleniti ipsam eveniet laboriosam. Omnis et odit debitis earum. Sint asperiores impedit quaerat reprehenderit repellendus eveniet. Sunt modi odit beatae ipsam. Quas qui soluta ut quidem. Culpa enim maxime sit et reiciendis nobis dolor temporibus. Omnis soluta iure et dolor sequi.

Sed sequi aperiam enim consequatur quia. Reiciendis repudiandae harum saepe id omnis quidem dolorum. Exercitationem hic ut autem beatae ut hic tenetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (21) $586
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (89) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (386) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $157
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (313) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”