Class of 2016 - When are you quitting and what are your summer plans (e.g. vacation, interships, volunteering)

I'm quitting mid-June and taking a nice 2 and a half month summer vacation. I'm going to mexico with the gf, road-trip with my high school friends, Grenada, and then wherever my kwest trip takes me (thinking of being lazy and doing Aruba). Hoping to get some nice memories, tan, and get back in shape...I'm supposed to run a half marathon in two weeks and my time is horrifically bad.

Edit: This is for people entering BUSINESS SCHOOL at the MBA level this fall.

Trying to rock some finals over the next 10 days ... If they go well I will be able to creep over the 3.5 GPA threshold.

Then a few weeks off before starting a 10 week internship that isn't all that finance related at a F500 tech company. Was the best I could do, but I'm still really looking forward to it and think it's going to be a great experience nonetheless.

I quit at the end of May and took three months off. Spent two of the months in Europe and South America. Don't regret it at all. Probably should have traveled even more and added some Asian destinations.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

Quitting in time for Memorial Day weekend. Will do a two week Europe trip with my wife, a few road trips to see friends, and hang out at the beach. Move to New hampshire August 1st and will likely try to enjoy a few weeks there before school and the freezing cold weather.

The last few weeks of work will be a struggle. Very ready to be done after 5+ months of lame duck status.

Best Response
BGP2587:

Quitting in time for Memorial Day weekend. Will do a two week Europe trip with my wife, a few road trips to see friends, and hang out at the beach. Move to New hampshire August 1st and will likely try to enjoy a few weeks there before school and the freezing cold weather.

The last few weeks of work will be a struggle. Very ready to be done after 5+ months of lame duck status.

Ya it's hard to stay motivated, I've been showing up at 9:30 and leaving 4:45 lately. My direct manager just quit, and the new guy hasn't started yet, so I don't exactly have management right now either. It's been nice though, been able to get a lot of "housekeeping" done while at work. My replacement starts in a week or two and there'll be a month overlap, so once he's here I should REALLY have no work to do.

OpsDude:
BGP2587:

Ya it's hard to stay motivated, I've been showing up at 9:30 and leaving 4:45 lately. My direct manager just quit, and the new guy hasn't started yet, so I don't exactly have management right now either. It's been nice though, been able to get a lot of "housekeeping" done while at work. My replacement starts in a week or two and there'll be a month overlap, so once he's here I should REALLY have no work to do.

I hear you both. I would like to be a lame duck at this point, but I just got staffed on this project which happens to be one of more intense ones I've worked on, so it sucks. Trying to do as little as possible on Fridays though, hehe.

I started a thread about just how early was quitting too early. everyone seemed fine about quitting early so I left around mid-March. went to Vegas for March madness right after, then did Peru (Machu Picchu). Currently spending some time at home country in Asia (family still here even though I'm in US) for 3 weeks before I go to Spain and Italy for 3 weeks or so. Probably Turkey sometime in July.

I worked for ~6 years and didn't really take many trips until the last two years or so, and just wanted to see places before I'm tied down with school and family. Hopefully I'll find a good gig after mba lololol

West Coast Analyst:

I started a thread about just how early was quitting too early. everyone seemed fine about quitting early so I left around mid-March. went to Vegas for March madness right after, then did Peru (Machu Picchu). Currently spending some time at home country in Asia (family still here even though I'm in US) for 3 weeks before I go to Spain and Italy for 3 weeks or so. Probably Turkey sometime in July.

I worked for ~6 years and didn't really take many trips until the last two years or so, and just wanted to see places before I'm tied down with school and family. Hopefully I'll find a good gig after mba lololol

Nice dude! wish I had enough money saved to travel for that long.

Working until the end of June, spending 1 month with the family back home before heading to school. I don't want to spend money traveling BEFORE the MBA as I'm sure there will be plenty of traveling during the next 2 years. I agree that staying motivated at work is becoming a challenge; definintely feel like doing the bare minimum, but because my firm wants me to come back post MBA (and there is a likely chance that I might come back) I have to perform until the last day...

Working through most of June and then I'll have just over 1.5 months off till pre-term programs start mid-August. I'm not doing anything huge during it travel wise, but I'll be spending some time at home and also getting married and taking a short honeymoon during that time.

Est et perspiciatis eveniet et et sequi. Itaque qui et quia veniam rem vitae. Quas veritatis cumque dolores non nihil. Mollitia fuga consequatur vitae reiciendis qui. Possimus molestias fugiat harum reiciendis quidem harum. Et eligendi repudiandae autem et asperiores animi exercitationem. Dolore nam alias eum et voluptatem eum unde ab. Dolorem dolor velit dolores ut maiores autem ad tempore.

Fugit quae accusamus dolor sunt nam qui voluptatem. Ab ab voluptatem atque inventore dolorem corporis. Fugit culpa eius eveniet. Ab quis nesciunt quo molestiae odit et. Temporibus et impedit provident necessitatibus vitae et iure.

Suscipit assumenda est et. Vel quaerat ipsa dignissimos tenetur laudantium. Omnis ut atque omnis qui et iusto. Ipsa asperiores eos id illo itaque.

Accusamus quisquam qui ipsum autem qui saepe. Ut quisquam nesciunt est ducimus neque necessitatibus. Quia et odio corrupti maiores ea esse error. Quae omnis deserunt saepe amet consequatur rerum sed.

Quia qui nihil nihil. Asperiores nulla molestiae similique omnis nobis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”