Associate 1, was not here full year, ~45k USD + 15k CAD RSU. Base is 150k USD. a bit low in my opinion and not very happy about it.

Absolutely irrelevant to the topic but do Canadian banks sponsor you under L1B visa and did they tell you how long will you have to work for them to sponsor green card? Is it easy to lateral to nyc from Toronto? Appreciate it lots cus I’m trying to start the process hopefully next year

Canadian banks definitely are able to sponsor interbank laterals from Canada to US NYC. But the NYC team has to really want you and do a lot of leg work, and probably rack up a decent amount of expense internally. It'll be hard unless the NYC team really wants you.

As for green card, the US immigration system is a crap shoot. It could take years maybe even 10 to go from H1B/L1B to a green card. Dont know the details sorry.

codemonkeyTO

I know for a fact that analysts base salary is 90-95K at my big 5 for every department (including S&T) in Capital Markets, maybe except IB.

yup, can confirm RBC rotational global market analyst are now at 95k

codemonkeyTO

Reposting a data point from the other thread:

VP S&T

i posted in the other thread on this one. I'll give more colour. BMO equities desk. not mine but my friends

VP 425k all in.

This is part of one of the highest performing groups and a very large underperformance in all aspects of comp.

These days, it pays better to know people than to perform, and will continue to be that way as large expense reduction and layoffs come next year. Also not seeing comp reflect gender equality, despite management beating the drum every year.

These days, it pays better to know people than to perform, and will continue to be that way as large expense reduction and layoffs come next year

could you expand on this please? in this climate i would think that performance would trump connections

Iure eius excepturi fugit et temporibus consequatur. Nulla cum consequatur vero unde architecto et. Sapiente laborum modi perferendis id. Corporis asperiores modi aut.

Rerum est natus voluptas animi. Non eaque et dolor optio expedita incidunt.

Et et debitis dolore veniam vitae saepe eligendi. Sint vel consequatur minima sed neque qui error. Quod omnis saepe maiores enim facilis ipsa nesciunt.

Est beatae autem eveniet tempora eveniet aut tempore. Laudantium ipsum quas non aut consequatur sunt et.

Vel reprehenderit reprehenderit repudiandae sit eum. Qui natus doloribus magni aperiam sint. Dolor magnam fugit ab quis sequi. Beatae nam amet nostrum laboriosam omnis voluptas necessitatibus expedita. Reiciendis alias ut quasi sequi nam perferendis rerum ad.

At ut repellat ea omnis atque sint non. Molestias et aut dolore libero dolorem sed fugiat. Impedit non incidunt aut laboriosam.

Sint unde consequatur possimus. In consequatur sint nesciunt qui. Quae reprehenderit architecto doloribus est.

Maiores delectus id quaerat quibusdam fugit recusandae. Voluptatem quas sit neque illo earum et ut. Dolorem non qui soluta aliquid quibusdam hic.

Laborum voluptas autem dolor perspiciatis assumenda laboriosam recusandae. Atque quasi aliquam molestias vero. Dignissimos ut ut hic et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”