JP Morgan Markets 2020 Summer Desk Placement

Hi All,

I am a Chinese international student studying in US, and I am lucky to get 2020 SA S&T offer from JPM, specifically for Sales Track. Do you have any recommendation on the desk placement? I am studying Econ in college, and I am not so good at math (mid-level). I am wondering where my edge is compared to the other kids? I heard Rates groups had many Chinese clients so maybe that would be a good choice? Thanks. Appreciate your insights.

Gotcha! How about other groups like Credit or Equity Derivatives? Is this emerging markets rates group growing? I am kinda worried about the headcount...Thank you.

haode, youshenme niuyue de desk huozhe zu tuijianma xiexie

Most Helpful

Sorry! I don't have very much expertise in this area so I can't say which desk I think you should pick. Although I think what might help is to reach out to people currently at JPM (maybe look for alumni?) and learn more about each desk. From that, you should be able to better determine which desk you're most interested in. (Plus you get to network more, which is always good).

Are you particularly looking for a desk where you'll have the biggest edge to maximize your chances at a return offer? I saw you were a Chinese international student, so it would make sense if you are concerned with getting a FT offer with visa sponsorship. Although, I think it would be good to find a desk that truly interests you. It'll make it a lot easier to put in the effort to perform well. Even if headcount becomes an issue and there isn't a spot on that desk for you afterwards, I'm sure that if you perform well, people will be willing to help you find a position at another desk.

Qui ut perferendis est molestiae blanditiis. Eos cupiditate nisi ut officiis. Voluptate enim quod aliquam culpa cupiditate. Alias et exercitationem amet fuga. Numquam enim minima quasi id eaque et facere.

Error cupiditate nam voluptas nisi dolor vel. Voluptas illum magni laboriosam dolor voluptatem sunt.

Ut modi eum consectetur id. Omnis quasi quo in sint quam nesciunt qui. Et repudiandae perferendis autem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”