Prime brokerage equity finance trader
didn't see many posts about prime brokerage trading. Is it less hot than other asset classes? Pay/bonus/reputation/work life balance also worse ? Anyone has insight to share ?
The role exists within the Prime finance trading team which is responsible for managing and optimizing corporate actions, funding,usage of the business. This is fundamental to maximizing profitability within the binding constraints of financial resources.
The candidate must be an outgoing enthusiastic personality with a demonstrable interest inand a strong desire to .
The successful candidate will have a very strong work ethic, be a team player with a problem solving mentality and a willingness to learn and to get "stuck in".
The Trader's Role Will Include
- Trading financing markets on stocks/ .
- Managing and trading corporate actions.
- Trading stock borrow loan.
- Risk management of the prime business; FX, cross-currency basis, , etc.
- Understanding and managing financial resources; Balance sheet, capital & .
- Book management to ensure inefficiencies are minimized.
- Producing market commentaries.
- Evolving existing processes and workflows through automation.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following
- Prime Brokerage Industry expertise - knowledge and awareness of the market, cash and synthetic financing landscape.
- Middle Office or Product Control experience.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, ability to work independently - knowing what to do, how to get it done and willingness to \"roll up your sleeves\" to deliver.
- Team player and leadership potential- ability to engage senior business partners across geographies and functional disciplines and partner effectively to deliver comprehensive end-to-end solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively target messages to different audiences.