AAPL at $1000 next year? Time to buy

I'm a little surprised that the WSJ of all publications, endorsed a completely clueless columnist who thinks that the iPad "probably does not use the Windows OS" to come on camera and make ridiculous predictions.

http://online.wsj.com/video/apple-stock-to-reach-…

Whats the world coming to?

If apple hits 1000 then it would be 3-4 times the size of exxon, which is the largest market capitalized company.

That would also mean the Nasdaq would be comprised by apple by a very large percentage.

On the contrary, Apple is still very much defined as being a growth company and to be honest what is in their way?

Throw a pairs trade on, short rimm, buy apple and hold for 5 years. Apple could be worth 500 bucks sooner than you think. But what the hell do I know.

Apple at $1000 hahahah....Not with that shitty new iPhone and the most redundant product on earth "the iPad". Sounds like a feminine product.

Can anyone tell me the advantages to owning an over enlarged iTouch? It's a laptop without a keyboard that lays flat on a desk. So unless you prop it up against something it tends to create one helluva strain on the neck.

I guess it would be good for travel. Other then that the products a flop. Jobs is even too arrogant to realize his company is creating iPhones.

I don't own apple stock, but bottom line is their products are about 12 months ahead over everyone else and an affordable price. They market well, and continue to grow.

I remember when I paid 500.00 for an I POD when they first came out, and I was waiting for a company to make a "sizeable hardrive" that I can bring to the gym and listen to music...i was sick of cd players and your standard mp3 player held like 35 songs which was garbage.

My point is they have been ahead of the game.

I also Own a droid and not an iphone but when the iphone came out, that thing was amazing compared to everyone else.

Apple just has that Swagger.

MonkeyInHumanSuit:
That guy get lost on his way to a homeless shelter? Pretty funny he called out Intel and they just blew away EPS forecasts for Q2.

I'm pretty sure this cat sniffed a few lines and then wandered to his homeless shelter.

WEEEEOWWWWW AAPL $1,000

"Salesmen and traders are wild, cunning, aboriginal creatures who advise money managers about deceiving their bosses and finding new strip bars; their favourite phrase is, "Fuck you." IBankers eat fruit. Salesmen and traders eat meat, preferably fried."

Dude writers always do this to get people to read their stories... they think that by saying 1000 in the title more people are going to read it and believe it because its so absurd that someone is making this prediction that they must be right... you are more likely to believe someone saying the dow will go to 1,000 (or 36,000) than if someone said it would end the year at 10,000, even though its much more likely to end at 10 K this year... this is because you think that someone making such an outrageous prediction must know something important because otherwise they would not be making such an outrageous prediction

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

Reiciendis eum dolorum animi culpa rem. Cum veniam enim sint a quaerat. Unde aut ea non vitae sed ab ullam.

Consequatur quidem minus sed commodi qui nihil. Et nisi dolor dignissimos aut veniam. Iste aperiam a voluptatem ut ullam voluptatibus. Voluptatem culpa ab nulla non pariatur alias laboriosam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”