I'm a long-time lurker on this site, finally decided to post and say hi.
- I'm a 10 year commercial banking veteran that got started in 2008-2009 going through a super-regional's FLDP right out of school.
- Spent time in various credit functions during and after the Crisis and eventually ended up managing the commercial portfolio ($3B+) for one of the bank's regions that covered an entire state.
- Grew mentally and physically sick of the ever increasing bullshit so decided to quit and take a year (2017) off to get lost in the world.
- Rode my motorcycle to Key West, FL and then to the Arctic Circle in Alaska. Rode home via the California coast, Grand Canyon, and the Gulf Coast.
- After my trip, decided to get back in business so took a new job with a smaller, fast-growing regional bank and I started there in Q4-2017.
- That's my story and I'm sticking to it (until the next opportunity presents itself)
Home is in Tennessee, went to school at Clemson (go Tigers, class of '07), and have lived all over the Southeast.
I'm more than happy to help any users with perspectives on commercial banking.