AMA - I work in corporate development at a professional services company (Fortune 500) in NYC. My career path to corp dev is non-traditional and didn't involve IB but may be of some help to a couple people.
My summary background:
- graduated from a liberal arts college in 2006
- took a job in financial services
- left that company and took a new job in operations consulting at a major
- while at the BB, moved into a new role that focused on M&A integration
- left the BB to attend a top 25 MBA with the goal of getting into finance
- interned at and accepted a full time offer to work in corp dev at my current employer
Feel free to ask questions about going from a non-traditional background into finance, business school, corporate development, etc.
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount