I know there's been a lot said about this, what I wanted to get a feel for some more recent accounts people had. I'm wondering whether anyone has had any luck in transitioning from arole (accounting, operations, etc.) in larger PE shops into more roles, particularly in the real estate practices of these firms. I have a very good background for an available back office role (junior position, 1-2 years experience), but with a transition in mind later on, I'm wondering whether a lateral move like this is a good idea to begin with and if I'm better off trying to go to a smaller place to do something more relevant as an interim role (investment sales, debt/equity placement, etc.). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I am currently interning at a bank the summer before my final year of undergrad, and have many peers working internships for the big 4. I have heard stories of them getting paid 30/hr for doing absolutley no work, getting to "work" from home whenever they want, and some even got this...+28 by Tallfinanceguy in IB
- Hi guys,
I have a MSc in Quantitative Finance obtained in Italy and have been a Quant Researcher for approx 1 year in the Netherlands for a buy-side boutique. Now I am in Quant Risk modelling in a sell-side major investment bank in Zürich, Switzerland.
Ask me...+21 by DrSnake in IB
- Hey folks. Spent a lot of time as a ghost on these forums back when I was trying to figure out what I was doing - figured I'd give back a little for anyone who's looking at the renewable energy infra/project finance space, with specific emphasis on the buy side.
###...+17 by ob38dn in PE
- I am a girl and I often hear people talk about wanting to stay home with the baby. Makes sense to me when your child is a new born and you are in the healing process even though I am a workaholic.
Would any of you want paternity leave? Have you taken it yet? Do you think that it should be...+16 by isa2130953 in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Is it wise to buy a franchise think subway, Tim Hortons, not McDonald's because of price but a smaller but known chain? I am thinking into the future and want to have an asset that pays me dividends and something I can build and focus on into retirement. Start with one accumulate capital...+11 by JohnGutfreund in IB
- What do you guys think? Not like it's a real holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving or anything.
Am I good to blast or will I look like a douchebag?+10 by famejranc in OFF
- Ask me anything
Previous: Non-target, state school MACC CPA 1 year of audit at national firm 1.5 years of valuation, financial modeling, and QofE (TAS) Passed Level 1 CFA
Current: F500 CorpDev analyst
Ask me about: transitioning from audit to...+10 by MedTechMonkey in CF
- If I already signed 2020 SA position, would it be bad to continue recruiting? Wouldn't think about reneging, just curious to see what else I can land. +8 by elontusk in IB
- Wondering if anyone has advice on a good workplan for prepping for PE interviews. Like first study X then Y, then Z, etc. I have some months before on cycle starts and want to get solid before PE Associate recruiting begins.+8 by MBBKilla in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/10-7/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 7/17, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA
- Jul17WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed July 17th, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto, ON
- Jul18WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 7/18, 630-830pm, Headquarters6:30 to 8:30 EDT Chicago, IL