Comments (175)

Aug 20, 2020 - 4:53pm

Which group are you in? If you don't mind me asking. 

Array

Aug 20, 2020 - 8:08pm

Hi! What was your interview timeline back then? I asked HR and they told me the recruitment is not on a rolling basis so there is no benefit to apply before deadline (9/30). But I reached out to a professional within my target group and he told me it would be on a rolling basis. I'm confused. I applied on 8/7 and finished Virtual cover letter on 8/9.

• Analyst 1 in PE - Other
Aug 21, 2020 - 8:44am

Don't work at Blackrock but applied for their real estate group FT last year and didn't get the second round phone interview (after hirevue) until late October. 

• Intern in AM - Equities
Sep 15, 2020 - 1:32am

try refreshing page...u mean trying to start the hirvue isn't working?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 15, 2020 - 1:38am

yeah... the pop up window for the hirevue video test prompted up but when I click on continue nothing happens...

Sep 28, 2020 - 12:11am

hopefully covid wont impact hiring as much for full time but we'll have to see....

fingers crossed

• Prospect in Other
Sep 27, 2020 - 7:40am

How many spot left for full time? For those groups with very high return rate, whether they will even hire full-time?

Oct 7, 2020 - 7:20pm

hey y'all, was wondering if anyone has heard or know when we'll be hearing about any updates. 

• Analyst 1 in AM - Equities
Oct 17, 2020 - 1:56pm

yea uhh still getting nervous

hopefully they'll still be hiring full time analysts considering the pandemic

Oct 22, 2020 - 4:59am

Anyone applied to Investment Analyst role in HK or Singapore? Deadline was 16th of Oct and wondering if anyone did hear updates or have brief idea when do they gonna review it?

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Oct 22, 2020 - 7:19am

Haven't heard shit since submitting virtual cover letter. Looks like my app is still under review.

• Intern in CorpFin
Oct 25, 2020 - 11:00pm

i got a interview for wealth advisory  sales support  analyst , even though i didn't apply for that role originally , does anyone have tips on how to prepare?

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 7, 2020 - 2:46pm

Any updates for NYC investment processes??? Applied in the summer but did not hear back as yet. I know BlackRock is quite slow with the process and even summers haven't heard as yet but wanted to get insight into the recruiting timelines.

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 7, 2020 - 9:01pm

Did the Hireview that's included in the application but did not do the phone screen as yet. My friend that applied did a phone screen around November last year but idk if they started yet for FT 2021.

• Prospect in AM - Other
Nov 8, 2020 - 4:28am

If I can still update resume on my portal, whether it means that they haven't viewed my application yet?

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Nov 10, 2020 - 12:18pm

lol WAIT did u apply FT and already get an offer? ahaha just asking cause I'm still waiting to see if i get the first round

yea its starts in august 2021 with a training period in NYC for all analysts

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 16, 2020 - 1:05pm

Got confirmation that they are now reviewing applications for investments and the timelines for diff investment teams will vary - should hear back this month

• Analyst 2 in Consulting
Nov 16, 2020 - 1:14pm

uhh didnt get the email ..did anyone who applied for investing not get the email

• Intern in IB - DCM
Nov 17, 2020 - 10:48am

depends really, does your offer letter say you can negotiate?

I've heard them letting people start early but maybe

Nov 17, 2020 - 2:00pm

Got emailed for another position in a different department. I know this is a stretch, but does anyone know if this may impact my consideration for the positions I originally applied for if I go through with this or decline it? 

• Prospect in AM - Other
Nov 17, 2020 - 2:13pm

Did you applied this group in your original application? Also what's the group you hear from.

Nov 17, 2020 - 2:42pm

I don't want to reveal much, but they seem to be in the midst of analyzing resumes for investment positions. The position they reached out to me about to see if I would be interested was not an investment position. 

• Analyst 3+ in AM - FI
Nov 17, 2020 - 2:37pm

been seeing some people get interviews 

LOL am I the only one not getting anything, u think its a bad sign that I haven't heard anything this late?

• Prospect in AM - Other
Nov 23, 2020 - 4:06pm

lmao me too. Thought it was a rejection. It mentioned that 'We are starting reviewing application...'. No word, great efficiency :)

Jan 4, 2021 - 1:15am

Yeah I got that as well. I believe I did a virtual cover letter long ago. Any idea when they'll get back? Its Jan 2021 lol

Nov 24, 2020 - 12:52pm

didn't interview with that team - but generally, Blackrock takes 1-2 weeks to hand out offers 

obviously, some people can get offers earlier/later but generally its on average 1-2 w

Dec 7, 2020 - 7:01pm

maybe but FT is always much harder than SA due to the limited # of spots - so I imagine they are probably but they must be taking only a few considering most of their team is filled by the incoming SA

also I imagine since its only a few spots and a boatload of people applied, it must be insanely competitive

Dec 10, 2020 - 6:18pm

i hope we'll hear some good news in jan but no clue.

def hear a result regardless of the decision though  

Jan 4, 2021 - 2:03am

this month you will definitely hear a response regardless of the decision ~ hopefully its good though 

wouldn't hurt to update, think they said that in the email also 

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Girlfriend vs PE
+70PEby Investment Analyst in Private Equity - Growth Equity">Investment Analyst in PE - Growth
Life Hacks during WFH | How do you avoid burnout?
+58IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Leaked EY Email
+53IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
I’ll never take WSO for granted again
+49OFFby Principal in Venture Capital">Principal in VC
What's so good about Evercore?
+36IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
Have any 1st year analysts actually quit?
+33IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
I'm tired man
+26IBby Intern in Corporate Finance">Intern in CorpFin

Total Avg Compensation

January 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (31) $349
  • Associates (139) $232
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (18) $155
  • 2nd Year Analyst (86) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (89) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (344) $134
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (298) $83