Real Estate Modeling Course

• Real-life RE Modeling Tests from actual Interviews
  • Various asset classes including multi-family, commercial and more
  • Huge discount - until more tests and cases added

Comments (211)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 - 8:08pm

Hi! What was your interview timeline back then? I asked HR and they told me the recruitment is not on a rolling basis so there is no benefit to apply before deadline (9/30). But I reached out to a professional within my target group and he told me it would be on a rolling basis. I'm confused. I applied on 8/7 and finished Virtual cover letter on 8/9.

• Analyst 1 in PE - Other
Aug 21, 2020 - 8:44am

Don't work at Blackrock but applied for their real estate group FT last year and didn't get the second round phone interview (after hirevue) until late October. 

• Analyst 1 in AM - Equities
Oct 17, 2020 - 1:56pm

yea uhh still getting nervous

hopefully they'll still be hiring full time analysts considering the pandemic

Apr 5, 2021 - 9:26am

Na not so far, been 2 months after getting the email says we are going to review the app soon. Which dep/region u applied for? Any update?

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Oct 22, 2020 - 7:19am

Haven't heard shit since submitting virtual cover letter. Looks like my app is still under review.

• Intern in CorpFin
Oct 25, 2020 - 11:00pm

i got a interview for wealth advisory  sales support  analyst , even though i didn't apply for that role originally , does anyone have tips on how to prepare?

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 7, 2020 - 2:46pm

Any updates for NYC investment processes??? Applied in the summer but did not hear back as yet. I know BlackRock is quite slow with the process and even summers haven't heard as yet but wanted to get insight into the recruiting timelines.

• Associate 1 in PE - LBOs
Nov 7, 2020 - 4:30pm

yea i applied for nyc investment too and didn't receive anything

did u receive a first round or nothing yet too??

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 7, 2020 - 9:01pm

Did the Hireview that's included in the application but did not do the phone screen as yet. My friend that applied did a phone screen around November last year but idk if they started yet for FT 2021.

• Prospect in AM - Other
Nov 8, 2020 - 4:28am

If I can still update resume on my portal, whether it means that they haven't viewed my application yet?

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 10, 2020 - 11:41am

When does the FT program for BlackRock start? Is it August 2021? Is there training in NY?

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Nov 10, 2020 - 12:18pm

lol WAIT did u apply FT and already get an offer? ahaha just asking cause I'm still waiting to see if i get the first round

yea its starts in august 2021 with a training period in NYC for all analysts

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 16, 2020 - 1:05pm

Got confirmation that they are now reviewing applications for investments and the timelines for diff investment teams will vary - should hear back this month

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 17, 2020 - 10:43am

Do you think they would be open to asking to push an offer to Jan 2022 instead of Aug 2021 for personal reasons

• Intern in IB - DCM
Nov 17, 2020 - 10:48am

depends really, does your offer letter say you can negotiate?

I've heard them letting people start early but maybe

Nov 17, 2020 - 2:00pm

Got emailed for another position in a different department. I know this is a stretch, but does anyone know if this may impact my consideration for the positions I originally applied for if I go through with this or decline it? 

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 17, 2020 - 2:25pm

That happened to a friend last year - they may just be considering you for what they sent an interview for

Nov 17, 2020 - 2:42pm

I don't want to reveal much, but they seem to be in the midst of analyzing resumes for investment positions. The position they reached out to me about to see if I would be interested was not an investment position. 

• Analyst 3+ in AM - FI
Nov 17, 2020 - 2:37pm

been seeing some people get interviews 

LOL am I the only one not getting anything, u think its a bad sign that I haven't heard anything this late?

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 18, 2020 - 6:51pm

did any of y'all get a rejection yet?

or does ur portal still says "interview" or "we're still reviewing"

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 19, 2020 - 3:05pm

yea mine still says "we're still reviewing"

not sure if that means I got declined or I am still in consideration

• Prospect in AM - Other
Nov 23, 2020 - 4:06pm

lmao me too. Thought it was a rejection. It mentioned that 'We are starting reviewing application...'. No word, great efficiency :)

• Intern in PE - Growth
Nov 24, 2020 - 10:29am

What the heck so am I rejected if I didn't get a first round yet??

Nov 24, 2020 - 12:52pm

didn't interview with that team - but generally, Blackrock takes 1-2 weeks to hand out offers 

obviously, some people can get offers earlier/later but generally its on average 1-2 w

Nov 26, 2020 - 5:25am

Received email today saying my "application is still under review" for 2021 SA Alternative Investments in London. Has anybody heard about hiring in this division?

• Intern in PE - Other
Dec 4, 2020 - 1:54pm

Has anyone heard back for a first round for alternative investments or fixed income NYC? Ughhhh BlackRock pls

Dec 7, 2020 - 7:01pm

maybe but FT is always much harder than SA due to the limited # of spots - so I imagine they are probably but they must be taking only a few considering most of their team is filled by the incoming SA

also I imagine since its only a few spots and a boatload of people applied, it must be insanely competitive

Jan 4, 2021 - 2:03am

this month you will definitely hear a response regardless of the decision ~ hopefully its good though 

wouldn't hurt to update, think they said that in the email also 

Jan 8, 2021 - 6:24am

Hi, did any one of you got an offer?

The number of posts at Blackrock seem so limited now... I'm applying in Europe and I can only see Aladdin Client Services and Sales and Management Relationship :(

• Intern in PE - Other
Jan 23, 2021 - 9:03pm

Coffee chatted a recruiter and they said they aren't looking at investments FT NYC rn. pain.

Feb 11, 2021 - 9:06am

HA i wish i got any emails from them 

nah applied to nyc and didn't hear anything

assuming they are not hiring for nyc investment roles 

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

April 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (187) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (107) $150