People from my school already accepted offers a month and a half ago. BMO tends to only have applications for its target schools. If your school isn't one of them, it's nearly impossible to apply.

Have my first round Coming up, can anyone advise on what to go over/how to prep for it?

Had my first round a few days ago. I thought it went well but I haven’t heard back yet so we’ll see. It was like 2/3 behavior 1/3 kinda technical. She said she had to ask some of the generic “tell me about a time” questions but she was very friendly. The technicals were pretty open ended and she didn’t really grill me that hard on anything. But tbh I’d recommend that you over prepare just in case. I had a first round at another MM bank today with alumni and he fucking destroyed me - made me feel shit about myself.

Most Helpful

I go to a target for BMO and had a super day. I only had one interview for super day with a MD, and it was purely behavioral. Just need to make sure you can have a casual conversation about your experiences and why BMO, IB, etc. Not sure if that's true for your school, but that was my experience. Hopefully it's helpful

Prospect in IB - Gen

I go to a target for BMO and had a super day. I only had one interview for super day with a MD, and it was purely behavioral. Just need to make sure you can have a casual conversation about your experiences and why BMO, IB, etc. Not sure if that's true for your school, but that was my experience. Hopefully it's helpful

Did you get the offer

Accusamus animi quis distinctio temporibus praesentium inventore. Autem sit veniam ex odio ad ducimus veritatis.

Ut molestiae sapiente nobis nulla fugit quis. Qui aut ipsam consequuntur autem tempora qui nostrum. Explicabo nam illum debitis vero molestiae quo aliquid. Et sit dolor ut vel. Et id atque vitae aut. Non animi est dolor enim similique. Perferendis sit provident qui occaecati aliquid.

Labore odit odit labore non est voluptatem est. Expedita porro totam et odio alias repudiandae est. Enim natus qui quia tenetur et consequatur voluptatem. Blanditiis ut incidunt praesentium eum. Et dolore tempora quis consequatur inventore nihil.

Voluptas dolorem odit aut corrupti. Culpa ipsum error est non voluptas. Voluptatem sunt consequatur quam voluptatem ratione laudantium.

Ad inventore autem totam quis explicabo. Ea accusamus dolore eveniet ea velit in. Eos ut est facere et. Veniam molestiae error molestiae ipsam ipsa.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”