10/21/15

Looks like Brady was right about the H-bomb. I'm sure he would like to see a most eligible bachelor ranking included in these. (link inside post)

Business school has been called a two-year job interview, and with good reason: For more than $100,000 and two years of study, MBAs hope to gain access to vast alumni networks, top-tier internships, and the very best jobs. Our annual ranking of full-time MBA programs now focuses on what most people hope to get after business school: a satisfying, well-paying job.

More graduate degrees in business are awarded each year than in any other field in the U.S., and new business schools are accredited by the dozen every year. To identify the best ones, we compiled data from more than 13,150 current students, 18,540 alumni, and 1,460 recruiters across 177 distinct B-school programs. The result is our deepest and broadest set of data ever.

This year, we've revised the way we rank schools. For the first time, we surveyed MBAs after graduation for more insight into what graduates can expect in their future careers. We detailed some of the standout findings about MBA alumni in a separate report--including a broad pay difference between male and female MBAs that starts small, but gets bigger as they continue their careers.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-best-busine...

Comments (37)

Free Consultation

We know you have questions as you prepare to apply to your target business schools. What are your chances of being admitted? How can you differentiate yourself from so many other applicants? What is the best way to showcase your accomplishments or mitigate your weaknesses? Start getting answers to all your questions by taking advantage of a free 30-minute consultation with an expert from mbaMission’s Senior Consultant team. Learn more.

10/23/15
10/21/15

A lot more in line with expectations than their previous rankings. Definitely surprised by Kellogg being that high, though.

10/21/15
MBAGrad2015:

First, the OP is a weird dude who is obsessed with Brady.

Second, no one takes the bloomberg ranking seriously. Wharton at 5, Stanford at 7, Tuck at 14? And Booth and Kellogg at 2 and 3? Ok, Bloomberg needs to focus on financial news and stop embarrassing themselves by dabbling in MBA rankings.

I agree, and things get even weirder the further down the list you go. I mean, NC State over Notre Dame/Wash U? Are you fing kidding me? And amazing that a school can go from #1 to #8 in just one year. I guess that's what happens when you only survey alumni from what seems to be an arbitrary 3 year period (and one during a recession no less) and can't even be bothered to use current employment/salary data.

10/21/15
John-Doe8:

MBAGrad2015:First, the OP is a weird dude who is obsessed with Brady.Second, no one takes the bloomberg ranking seriously. Wharton at 5, Stanford at 7, Tuck at 14? And Booth and Kellogg at 2 and 3? Ok, Bloomberg needs to focus on financial news and stop embarrassing themselves by dabbling in MBA rankings.

I agree, and things get even weirder the further down the list you go. I mean, NC State over Notre Dame/Wash U? Are you fing kidding me? And amazing that a school can go from #1 to #8 in just one year. I guess that's what happens when you only survey alumni from what seems to be an arbitrary 3 year period (and one during a recession no less) and can't even be bothered to use current employment/salary data.

The ranking is a total fraud. It's shameful because bloomberg businessweek is a great site, and I read it regularly. Similar to how the Financial Times-an amazing publication and a must read-also publishes bogus MBA rankings. The only MBA ranking that even makes sense is US News since they place HBS/Stanford at the top 2 and pretty much have the right schools in the top 10 (although i have some issues with precise rankings within the top 10).

No school can improve that much or go down in quality in such a short period of time. Also they don't place enough emphasis on employment and salary data, which is by far one of the most important criteria you should use.

10/21/15

Having issues with rankings in the top 10 is kind of splitting hairs. Also, using 1 year's salary and employment numbers is nonsense from a statistical point of view. With only ~400 data points for most schools, a 2-3% change from year to year in salary or employment is generally just statistical noise. However, I doubt many publications have any interest in attempting to explain statistical tests to your average reader.

10/23/15
10/21/15

fuck yeah

mbavsmfin wrote:

I don't wear watches bro. Because it's always MBA BALLER time!

10/21/15

It's okay brady...we all know this is your alt account. You're not fooling anyone lol

10/25/15
MBAGrad2015:

First, the OP is a weird dude who is obsessed with Brady.

Second, no one takes the bloomberg ranking seriously. Wharton at 5, Stanford at 7, Tuck at 14? And Booth and Kellogg at 2 and 3? Ok, Bloomberg needs to focus on financial news and stop embarrassing themselves by dabbling in MBA rankings.

Third, do you really want to know which schools are better? Look at where people who actually get in end up attending. HBS and Stanford decisively beat every other school in cross-admits, followed by Wharton, and then Booth/Columbia/Sloan/Kellogg lumped together in the same group. I do think Wharton's edge over the latter group has gone down a lot in recent years. I know a lot of people who turned down Wharton for other schools due to scholarship and other factors.

not sure if you heard this concept before, but - if you don't make ridiculous rankings and alternate the rankings, they can't catch any eyeballs!

Suppose bloomberg ranking is status quo for 10 years, they'll be soon forgotten..

Free Consultation

We know you have questions as you prepare to apply to your target business schools. What are your chances of being admitted? How can you differentiate yourself from so many other applicants? What is the best way to showcase your accomplishments or mitigate your weaknesses? Start getting answers to all your questions by taking advantage of a free 30-minute consultation with an expert from mbaMission’s Senior Consultant team. Learn more.

10/21/15

No way is this a Brady ranking. Columbia is in the top 20.

10/21/15

i actually think it's not a terrible ranking. obviously the Stanfurd placement is wrong, but if you look at the top seven schools in that ranking... yeah, those are basically the top seven programs. If you look at the top 10... looks about right, although I might swap out Duke for Dartmouth, but otherwise looks decent.

I would expect Wharton to take a serious brand hit about two years into the Trump administration, so maybe they are just baking that into their ranking now.

10/21/15
jankynoname:

i actually think it's not a terrible ranking. obviously the Stanfurd placement is wrong, but if you look at the top seven schools in that ranking... yeah, those are basically the top seven programs. If you look at the top 10... looks about right, although I might swap out Duke for Dartmouth, but otherwise looks decent.

I would expect Wharton to take a serious brand hit about two years into the Trump administration, so maybe they are just baking that into their ranking now.

Haha. I laughed my ass off with the Trump comment. Nicely played, sir!

Well, you're right that the M7 schools are all in the top 7, as opposed to something weird like Duke being #1 in last year's rankings. But Booth at #2 and Stanford at #7 don't make any sense whatsoever. Not bashing Booth by any means, but any ranking that does not have HBS/Stanford at the very top doesn't make sense. I agree that Wharton is in decline, but it's still a solid top 3-4 program.

10/22/15

http://foxweek.com/node/1316432
Hey brady did you ever pay the guy for this wager? sucks you couldn't drop the H-Bomb on females in boston :/

10/21/15

HBS ranked #35 for job placement. Haha.

10/21/15
Human Capital:

#1 for producing most eligible bachelors according to brady. Isn't that the one that really counts?

I visited some friends there last year. Met a couple of their MBA's to be. They looked miserable as shit. HBS is milking these 900 losers.

10/21/15

HBS or bust

Too lazy to click on link or read thread, is Stanferd 1 or 2 ?

10/21/15

Thoughts on NYU Stern?

10/21/15

Whow!!! Rochester, Michigan State, Georgia Tech have better job placement than Harvard? Why haven't I started my Michigan State application yet? lol

10/22/15

Your obsession with Brady is a bit disturbing. Get over it.

10/22/15

if you're looking at anything but the salary rank, you're doing it wrong.

You know you've been working too hard when you stop dreaming about bottles of champagne and hordes of naked women, and start dreaming about conditional formatting and circular references.

10/22/15

I actually like the Forbes ranking over US News, tbh. It takes into consideration cost & ROI. And it has Harvard and Stanford on top. I'm surprised its not cited more.

10/22/15

This thread is going to seem really weird when we find out Human Capital is Brady.

10/22/15

Leave Brady alone. This is getting really disturbing.

10/23/15

Je suis Charlie...err...Brady.

Best Response
10/23/15

That tool @Human Capital" scared Brady away from this thread and now we won't be amused by his simply breathtaking comments, keep bumping it geek

10/23/15

Brady went to Wharton for his MBA, is a CFA charterholder, worked in sell-side as a trader on exotic derivatives, got a 780 GMAT and slays hot women on a daily basis. I think none are true.

10/23/15
10/24/15

You do realize brady is in his 30s? That was a pretty funny comment though. SB for you.

10/25/15
sla-slom:

Human Capital is a cyber bully.

he is a sophomore in college. lol if you're that easy to be bulled...

10/24/15

This thread got super weird. Why did you delete all your comments?

10/24/15

1-Click to Unlock All Comments - 100% FREE

Why do I need to be signed in?
WSO is a knowledge-sharing community that depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something.
+ Bonus: 6 Free Financial Modeling Lessons with 1-Click Signup ($199 value)
10/24/15