I am considering applying for the 2+2 MBA program at HBS and Deferred MBA at GSB, and I wanted to know if I have a decent shot before I spend the time writing essays and asking for recommenders. Here is some info:
- Senior Undergrad at USC / UCLA / ND / Georgetown tier school (graduating in May) with full scholarship
- 3.7 GPA, Computer Science & Business Admin Major
- 5 internships, including as a software engineering intern at Google
- Will be returning to Google as a software engineer upon graduation
- Taking GRE Jan 4th 2019, but my SAT was ~2300/2400 (with 800 math and 800 writing) so I think I will do well
In terms of career goals, I want to work as a software engineer for 2 years, so that I can learn the ins-and-outs of world-class software development, and then move into venture capital post-MBA and use my knowledge to help evaluate the tech at companies. Is this a career path that Harvard would like, or is that not consistent with what they are looking for?
I know I don't have a ton of time, so I need to make a decision about whether to apply or not.
Do I have a good shot?