Cowen in 2022 + beyond?

seems like they've been killing it recently. Wondering why I don't see them mentioned on this site as much as places like Piper, Macquarie, etc or even HW and Rayjay when from what I gather they're making some big moves and it seems like a great place to be. Any thoughts on their place in the MM space in the coming years?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (21)

May 14, 2021 - 6:09pm

I interned at Cowen a couple of years back. I did not like the culture there. MDs were arrogant while many interns were stuck-up and self-important. I would say the majority of the interns I have encountered are very self-absorbed people who think they are better than everyone else. I met some really nice analysts and associates there though. But I did not like a good chunk of the people there

• Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
May 20, 2021 - 11:41am

Interned there as well - can confirm I did not like the culture either. Some of the juniors were awesome but I wasn't a fan on senior management.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
May 14, 2021 - 6:41pm

Do well in healthcare ecm. Nothing really in terms of buyside opps if that matters to you. A couple scattered lmm pe placements in tertiary cities but few and far between it seems. 

• Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Aug 26, 2021 - 12:54pm

Would take Piper and hw over cowen in a heartbeat. Rj and macquarie would depend on the group. Cowen isn't really a major m&a player

• Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Aug 27, 2021 - 3:50pm

If you wanna work in capital markets, don't choose a bank with no capital markets focus. If hw was included in the comment obviously the context is only for m&a and hw has a far more robust m&a practice than cowen, probably better pay, and significantly better exit opportunities. 

• Analyst 2 in IB - Cov
Sep 2, 2021 - 8:13pm

Itaque et praesentium consectetur ipsam molestiae dolore. Incidunt est deserunt quam eveniet et numquam nobis delectus. Ut deleniti recusandae nesciunt. Aut eaque consequatur necessitatibus laudantium doloribus.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (220) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (134) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (485) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (377) $82